“Wonderful getaway near Blowing Rock!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Crestwood

The Inn at Crestwood
Ranked #7 of 9 Boone B&B and Inns
Charlotte
“Wonderful getaway near Blowing Rock!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Just returned from the Inn at Crestwood in Blowing Rock. Over the years we have stayed at probably 75% of the Inns and Hotels in Blowing Rock. The Crestwood is very Beautiful!! It is in the woods off the Blue Ridge Parkway about 4 miles from Blowing Rock. The grounds are beautiful, we had a covered balcony overlooking the wooded property. We stayed in the 2 bedroom Mayapple cottage. It was very clean, up to date and nicely decorated. The bathrooms had the stone tile-work . The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had chocolate dipped strawberries delivered to our room one night and a cheese tray the next. In the Am's they brought our breakfast to our room in a basket. You can also go to the "Library" to get a continental breakfast. They is a very nice wine and cheese reception at 4:00. They served very good quality wines and cheeses. The patio overlooking the mountains is breathtaking. We ate at their restaurant: The Table both nights. Again we have eaten at most of the restaurants in Blowing Rock. The first night was Great. The food was impeccable and we had very good service. Based on our experience we choose to eat there again the second night. This time was a little disappointing. It took 1 1/2 hours to get our main entrees. The food was good but not great. When we told the management they were very curt and not apologetic. They said they had a wedding, and were short staffed and "had worked us in". The first night the restaurant definitely beat out our experiences at Crippens and the Best Cellar lately. The second night it was comparable. The only disadvantage is the 4 mile drive to Blowing Rock. But if you want a place to get away with spectacular views I would recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I got married at Crestwood Inn in July of this year and it was absolutely wonderful. Erin, the even coordinator, did a wonderful job, going above and beyond in her work and professionalism. The staff was friendly, the venue gorgeous, the food was described as the best wedding food guests had ever had. Everything went wonderfully and I cannot stress enough how much we enjoyed our wedding experience. The rooms are beautiful and I think I need to say how good the food was again. You couldn't ask for a better mountain top location for a wedding. Anyone getting married inside or outside in the mountains should go take a look at Crestwood.

• Stayed July 2009
Stanley, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

My wife at I took a weekend getaway to Crestwood 3/7 - 3/8. Our room had a full covered porch with superior views of the surrounding mountains. Our room was large and nicely appointed with a king sized rice planter style bed and gas log fireplace. The bathroom was plain and needed freshing with some new paint or the such. The bathroom was the only reason I didn't rate the Inn tip top. The personnel at the Inn were very friendly and helpful. They tried in every way to make your stay as pleasent as possible. I'm going to comment on one member of the staff, Rebecca, she was a real jewel. She noticed my wife and I had arrived back at the Inn after the appointed hour for the afternoon wine and cheese get together and contacted us and offered to bring us a bottle of wine and a plate of cheese. Each morning, since it was off season the staff delivered to the room a nice continental breakfast basket.
We were very impressed with staff and the Inn at Crestwood and intend to return.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2009

We stayed at the Crestwood last week. Here's the deal with Crestwood - it is a great place for accomodations, but not as a destination point itself due to what I have listed below in my letter to the management. However, my guess is that they will try to fix these areas of need because 1)the personnel there were so amazing and friendly, 2) it's a family owned business, 3) the accomodations are gorgeous. I'm not ready to write this place off yet. We enjoyed our visit and didn't complain about any of the factors below while we were there because we were enjoying ourselves and just took it in stride. However, I imagine many guests would not do the same, so I hope they can get this straightened out.
Here is a copy of the letter:
______________________________________

January 1, 2009

Dear Sir or Madam:

My husband and stayed at the Crestwood Inn from December 26-28, 2008. We had the “Winter Adventurer” package, and we enjoyed our visit immensely. Our room was comfortable yet beautiful, and all of the staff members we encountered were so friendly and eager to make our stay as pleasant and memorable as possible.

While my husband and I enjoyed our visit a great deal, there were several things that did not work well:

1. The advertisement did say that we would enjoy full access to the exercise room, sauna, etc. The doors to these were locked. (However, when we went to the front desk and asked about it, the receptionist immediately got it opened. This was in the afternoon, so there may have been more guests in the morning who wanted to use it and were unable to).
2. The exercise room – The treadmill was broken so we could not use that (it would start, then stop a few seconds later). I could not control the resistance on the exercise bike, so it would go from really-easy-to-ride to ridiculously-impossible two seconds later.
3. The Spa – When we checked in, the receptionist did advise us of a change in management of the Spa, but that she would be happy to contact the new manager to set up an appointment for us. We asked for a hot stone massage for each of us for the following afternoon. We did get a call back, asking if we wanted a male or female staff member, then were told that we would get another call confirming an appointment time. We never did get a call, so we lost out on spa treatments and the spa lost out on potential business.

The Crestwood Inn has so much going for it – it is beautifully maintained with superior staff. Special attention is paid to extras, such as the hot cocoa and cookies in the room at night! I look forward to hopefully staying at the Inn again, and I hope that the situations above can be addressed so that you enjoy a steady stream of happy guests!

• Liked — beauty and comfort of room, the willing-to-help staff
  • Disliked — advertised amenities were not available.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

This was my first stay at Crestwood and I plan to return! Tucked next to the Blue Ridge Parkway...it's just barely outside Blowing Rock. So it was secluded yet just 5 minutes from town.
The staff was so warm and friendly that I felt like I was staying with family. I had dinner at The Table, Crestwood's resaurant, and it was a fine dining experience! The food was delicious from the salad right through dessert.
The views are breathtaking and I can see why so many couples choose this destination to get married. I recommend Crestwood for a relaxing, comfy escape from reality!

• Liked — location, views and the home like atmostphere
  • Disliked — some inter room noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank harmonyNorthCarolina
Charlotte
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2008

My fiance and I are planning our wedding which will be April 2009 and will be having the reception at Crestwood. We have been working with Briana and she has been delightful and very helpful, even recommending people to contact for things such as flowers, DJ, rental items, etc. The Inn is very homey and exactly what we wanted. Being a smaller facility, they do not have all the amenities you would find elsewhere but they are by no means lacking either. After reading some of the other negative reviews on this site, I must say that we have encountered none of what they mentioned and must wonder how much of their reported negative experience was "self-inflicted" by the person writing the review. We would strongly recommend Crestwood for wedding parties under 150 and the smaller, the better due to the intimate nature of the facility.

• Liked — Beautiful setting
  • Disliked — No dislikes yet.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
lawton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

We had our family vacation in Boone and stayed at the CrestWood Inn, the staff was wonderful, the room was very nice more the I expected. The food was to die for!!! I must say the meals were the best part. Thank you to all the staff for the wonderful stay.

• Liked — the food
  • Disliked — everything was wonderful
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Courtyard Boone
#2 of 15 in Blowing Rock
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone
Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State

Been to The Inn at Crestwood? Share your experiences!