“Not bad, but not all that impressive either.”

The Inn at Crestwood
Ranked #7 of 9 Boone B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed at the Inn at Crestwood for a wedding in March. The Crestwood advertises itself as a top notch lodge, but I found it to be average. The setting is the most impressive thing about it. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Nothing fancy, but certainly acceptable and I got a good night's sleep. However, I've had better continental breakfasts at chain hotels. This wouldn't have been a big deal, but the Crestwood charges a "resort fee" of $15, and when I asked about this, the staff told me that the fee covers upkeep of the spa facilities (which I didn't use), housekeeping, and the continental breakfast. When I pointed out that most hotels don't feel the need to charge an extra fee on top of the room fee for these items, I was told that the Crestwood has to do this because they are a small, family-owned business, not a chain. The fee is listed on their site, but if you're not looking for it, you likely won't find it and I wasn't informed of it when I called to make the reservation. In the interest of full disclosure, it is mentioned in the confirmation e-mail they send out once you've made your reservation but again, if that's not something you're expecting, you'll likely miss it completely. If it hadn't been for the $35 cancellation fee, which, if my confirmation e-mail was to be believed, I would have been charged no matter how much lead time I provided, I would have cancelled my reservation. As it was, I opted to stay elsewhere my first night in town and only stayed at the Crestwood so that I wouldn't have to drive after the wedding reception. In short, the room was fine, but nothing you couldn't find elsewhere, and the "complimentary" breakfast isn't truly complimentary if you're paying $15 for it. On the other hand, the views were spectacular, the staff was helpful, and the reception hall/restaurant was a very nice space for a wedding. If the food at the reception was any indication, I would think that the onsite restaurant is worth a visit. I wouldn't tell someone not to stay there but neither would I particularly recommend it. I didn't visit the spa/fitness facilities. Perhaps those would have tipped things in the Crestwood's favor for me. If you're not likely to use the lap pool and you'd rather not pay for things that other hotels/inns include in the room cost, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank akimbokimono
DavidCrestwoodNC, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize that our policies were not communicated effectively. The concerns that you've noted here have been communicated to our management staff. We will be working to resolve these types of issues in the future for our guests.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I just returned from a long weekend at the Inn at Crestwood and would recommend it. We were in room 13 in the Inn (a double queen) and were impressed with the size, view, and comfort. The view was amazing and seemed like it was better than what the villas and cottages might have. The room was clean, but our coffee mugs that we brought back from breakfast each morning were left stacked in the bathroom each morning. The morning we checked out, there were 6 dirty coffee mugs in the bathroom which seemed a little odd. No biggie. I wish they had had a recycling trash can in addition to the regular trash can. We had a lot of recyclables that I felt guilty for throwing in the regular trash can. I hope someone was able to pull the wine bottles, magazines, and newspapers out of the trash can to recycle.

The continental breakfast was nice, but nothing fancy. It was sort of strange. They had yoplait yogurt, but only had soup spoons so you couldn't eat it. There weren't any napkins. We had to go steal some off the dinner tables.

The spa was lovely. Small, but nice and relaxing. Nothing fru fru which was fine with me. The indoor pool was a plus. It was a little dirty around the pool, but perfect temperature and great for swimming laps. Very relaxing.

The staff was amazing. Molly at the front desk was so nice and helpful. Our room didn't have a refrigerator. Molly was nice enough to store our food in the employee refrigerator which was a huge help.

We had dinner at the Table one night. It was very good, but we were a bit surprised by the bill. Our 7 yo daughter ordered the fresh catch special which was essentially fish and chips (breaded cod and fries.) The bill for her meal was $26 which was way more than either my husbands or my dish. Granted she did order the fresh catch, but the waiter never said anything about the price or did we want a kids portion or anything along those lines. Just sticker shock when we received the bill. We never could figure out if they did room service or not. There was a button on the telephone for room service, but no menu. So, who knows.

All in all a great relaxing place that we look forward to coming back to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very nice place to get away from the roaring crowds. This resort is old but quaint. The staff was very attentive and polite. The breakfast was basically a continental breakfast like you would get in a chain hotel. We expected more from a place that advertises as a top scale inn. Room was clean but dated.

My wife and I had a couples massage together and it was fantastic. The spa has been added or upgraded and is newer than the inn.

The dining room was only open Wednesday through Saturday, so we had to drive quite a ways for lunch / dinner the first two nights (we spent 4 nights here). We ate dinner there Wednesday and Thursday and the food was exceptional. Their new chef (Lucy) does a fantastic job and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals.

Dinner service was top notch the first night and just average the next night (different servers).

We were there "off season" and that is why the restaurant was only open certain nights. I would not recommend stayin here "off season" unless you have 4 wheel drive. The roads to Boone and Blowing Rock are narrow and quite winding. It is only about 8 miles to Boone but that is a 20 minute drive. Blowing Rock is closer (maybe 6 miles) and is a 15 minute trip. On our trip, it snowed and we were essentially "locked in" without the dining room open since we did not have 4 wheel drive. Lunch that day was some nabs I had in my golf bag.

1  Thank Ray Z
DavidCrestwoodNC, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are a resort that is in a beautiful and remote part of the state. If we didn't communicate that prior to your stay or fully meet your expectations, we are sorry. We are constantly trying to change our offering to improve our guest satisfaction. Next year we will try to accommodate weekday guests better during the winter months. Thanks again for your input and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The Inn is a wonderful place to stay while exploring the area of Blowing Rock/Boone. We stayed in the Villa, a separate building from the main house. Our room was spacious and clean with a very comfortable bed. A short walk to the "library" in the morning for the free breakfast. Nothing fancy but with the beautiful views it was more than enough to get the day started off right. We spent a considerable time reading about the Inn's history thru the drawings and pictures on the walls. Some places to see while visiting would be downtown Blowing Rock for shopping. Trout and Bass lakes for morning walks and Main street in Boone for shopping and dining. "Our Daily Bread" and the "Red Onion" were particularly good. For bbq don't miss the Woodland's in Blowing Rock. Would definitely recommend the Inn at Crestwood and will be back for sure.

2  Thank mdd1965
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Inn at Crestwood is a hidden jewel. Beautiful surroundings, spectacular views, excellent service and the staff is outstanding and most accomodating to every need. The history of the Inn is delightful. There are many nice attractions nearby, including the Blue Ridge Parkway. Lots ot do and see, or just relax and enjoy the Inn and Spa.

Room Tip: There are rooms in the Inn itself (about 15), and also rooms in separate building on the grounds + v...
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This little treasure is off the beaten path, but what a great discovery for us. We visited for 2 nights and 3 days and we enjoyed every minute. The rooms were immaculate and tastefully decorated. We really enjoyed the breakfast- very good lemon poppy seed bread and a great spread of other delicious choices. The view from our balcony was amazing. The people working at the inn were very polite and helpful and we highly recommend this excellent inn.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DavidCrestwoodNC, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much! We're so glad you enjoyed yourself. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The location and views are to die for! Our suite was nicely furnished and the kitchenette made the arrangement perfect. We ate at The Table restaurant Friday night and watched a beautiful sunset over Grandfather Mountain (I think it was Grandfather!). Then we sat by the fire and enjoyed great service and a delightful meal. A delicious lead off martini set tone for a truly memorable evening.

We'll be back for sure! Everyone was so helpful and generous with their time. In fact, we felt as though we were treated like family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
#4 of 18 in Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
#6 of 18 in Boone

Been to The Inn at Crestwood? Share your experiences!