“Fabulous, even in winter”

The Inn at Crestwood
Ranked #7 of 9 Boone B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I always try to stay at non-chains while traveling for work, and Crestwood was an excellent decision event though it was 18 minutes from Boone. It was snowing and many may have been intimidated by the curvy non-guardrailed roads to the top of the mountain but the payoff in mountain views was well worth it!

The staff was super friendly, the rooms well-appointed with fat towels and good heat. I had the whole spa area to myself (mid-week, winter conditions), and I worked out in the gym that overlooks the and a wall of windows showcasing the mountains.

I wish I'd known that the gourmet restaurant was on winter hours and was only open during the weekend. Fortunately the folks at BooneTakeOut.com were willing to brave the weather and deliver a great meal.

I will go back here again, in any kind of weather!

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main Inn when weather is cold/snowy. Best views and multiple fireplaces.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DavidCrestwoodNC, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed Crestwood and the Blowing Rock area.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

we have stayed at the Crestwood many times. it has always been a very relaxing stay. the staff is very helpful and attentive. it is one of the few places that after staying for a few days we usually hate to leave and look forward to our next visit.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the positive note. We are so pleased that you continue to choose Crestwood!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here w/our two children and have no complaints!! The staff was very helpful and even contacted us on our way in, just to check on us, more than once, to make sure we were traveling safe during the snow warnings! I am a total germ-a-phobe and I felt completely at home at this resort! The pool and steam room/sauna were very clean and I even had a woderful hot stone massage at their very up scale spa! It was also nice to wake up every morning to a continental breakfast at no charge.. The resort overall was a very comfortable and charming place w/amazing views in a location that is located minutes from sugar mountain and Moses Cone park where the kids went tubing. We will definitely stay at the Crestwood on our next visit to North Carolina!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We are so happy that you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

This place is just charming on every level!!! Gorgeous scenery, beautiful views, fireplaces all over. Staff was fantastic, very clean, very romantic. We plan to return for sure. It was a get away night for my husband and I and it sure didn't disappoint, it was a Groupon and we were so happy we got it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DavidCrestwoodNC, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you so much for the review. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

The smell of our room was awful. It smelled like mildew or sewage. When I told them about it they sprayed febreeze (couldn't tell) and then said it was because the room was close to the ground. I was on the second floor and that made no sense. The view was beautiful and so was the room but when you can't stand the smell of your room that doesn't matter. I hate that we were compensated or the problem was treated with any importance. I wish I was warned about it so I wouldn't have stayed there. I know the smell was in the whole hallway and all the rooms connecting to it which are rooms 4, 5, and 6. The ones below us might smell the same way too. Staff was nice enough.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Keeckard
DavidCrestwoodNC, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I have taken measures to improve the issue today and made front desk, housekeeping and maintenance aware to prevent this issue in the future. I regret that your experience was not up to our standards and I apologize that we didn't better address the issue at the time of your stay.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I spent 3/8 and 3/9 at the inn to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary and I felt like the inn was not prepared for winter/and/or early spring visitors. We used the special buy 1 night and get 1 night free for March. Our room smelled very musty like a basement, we were on the first floor. The dining room was not open for lunch and the closest restaurant was a 20 minute drive on a very curvy road. The swimming pool was ice cold. I was expecting an indoor pool in the
mountains to be heated. Maybe it would be okay in the summertime, but the winter-no. Our meal was excellent at The Table, and the staff was helpful. The walls and ceilings were so thin, you could hear conversations. Very different than we had expected.

Room Tip: ask for an upper floor, our ground level was a view of a pinebark mulch and it had a basement smell
7  Thank livewire1947

Thank you for your review. I have relayed your sentiment to our management team so that we may better communicate to our guests what we offer. I have tried to address your concerns below:

It is true that not all of our rooms have mountain views and I apologize if that was not made clear upon booking.
We have taken measures to eliminate smell in the lower area.
We are 11 minutes away from the closest town, Blowing Rock, and in the future we will begin offering more dining options on site.
I've had maintenance turn the heat up on the pool.

If you were to stay with us again, it would be a privilege to try to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is in one of the most beautiful mountain settings. Nice and cozy. Friendly staff and excellent service. If you want to get away from all the commercialism, this is the place to go. Not far off the Blue Ridge Parway. Resturant, bar and spa. Has everything you want to have a relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Our room as beautiful with a fireplace. If anything to change would be to upgrade the televisions...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time in the High Country. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone
#4 of 18 in Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
Sleep Inn Boone
#6 of 18 in Boone

Been to The Inn at Crestwood? Share your experiences!