“Engagement Weekend at the Crestwood” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Inn at Crestwood

The Inn at Crestwood
Ranked #7 of 9 Boone B&B and Inns
“Engagement Weekend at the Crestwood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I planned a skiing weekend over the New Years Eve weekend through Go NC High Country. They recommended staying at The Crestwood. When we arrived it was beautiful. The staff was very nice and helpful. We got engaged that night, spent the next day in near by Boone and skiing at Appalacian Mtn. The restaurant at the Crestwood was unreal. We enjoyed our experience so much there we are planning to have our wedding there.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank rugbygrunt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Asheville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. Based on the website we thought this place was going to be very nice, it was not. We stayed in a villa, on the middle floor. In a nutshell the place was not what we expected for nearly $200 per night. If this place was $79 a night, one could say you get what you pay for. We have no plans to return. I don't mean to be harsh, just honest.

Liked:
• Room was quite, we could not hear others above or below us
• Nice kitchen, although we didn’t use it
• Place was clean
• Staff was friendly

Didn’t like:
• The king bed was awful. It provided no support, soft, squeaky and completely worn-out feeling.
• The living room had one very small love seat and that was it.
• The TV in the living room was barely visible. It was very snowy and faded.
• The TV in the bedroom was a small 13” TV
• The bathroom was very basic
• Breakfast consisted of warm muffins, instant grits you could make, coffee, juice, yogurt and cold cereal. Breakfast was self serve.
• Spa – the door to the sauna room had fallen off and it was leaning up against the door frame, seriously. The pool was dirty.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dale M
Reidsville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

Found crestwood to have beautiful scenery. However very isloated from shopping and dinning.The Inn is older and is showing signs of not being properly kept up.
The noise from the other rooms was very distracting.The Lounge is used only for special occasions. Not open to the public as it appeared on the web-site.

Room Tip: I would consider a villa or a condo. These rooms are just not well kept up.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank dee3844

Travelers are raving about these Boone hotels

Wakefield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

The views from the patio where the ceremony were spectacular even though the fall foliage had been better the weekend before from what we heard. Poor service started with making a reservation in the room block, I was told that there were no more rooms available for the type of room we were looking for at the wedding block rate even though we were booking many months ahead of time. It took a call to the bride, and her calling to inn, to get it cleared up, and from what I heard I was not the only one who had problems with reservations. To top it off, when I did get a reservation, they sent me a confirmation with the wrong dates. Another call to get that cleared up.

Rooms were ok, but would never have paid the full room rate had it not been for the wedding. I would agree that it is probably not the best place for a get away if there is a wedding going on, so you might want to ask.

If you are planning a wedding there, it is a gorgeous location. But make sure you are very hands on, and have a wedding coordinator or a friend or two that are staying on top of the details, as this is not something that seems to be a strong suit of the Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank reggitt
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We booked The Inn at Crestwood for a once a year night away from our young kids to "recharge" and spend some time alone together. We had reservations at the restaurant, which we discovered was booked by a wedding. We were moved into a small room that doubled as a bar. Not the experience we were looking for. There were about 10 people at the bar right next to our dinner table. We booked a deluxe king Suite, room 11, which happened to be closest to the restaurant where the wedding reception was. There was a very loud band playing at the reception until midnight, yes I said midnight. Our room was shaking from the band. I was trying to be understanding until 11:00, we ended up calling by 11:15. We were told they had the room booked until midnight. I do not blame the bride/groom, but Crestwood should have DJ's/bands stop by 11:00 and also warn guests that there is a wedding booked that maybe loud. When the band finally finished, the afterparty moved to the room above ours. So much for sleep, I get more at home with young kids! Upon check-out we asked to speak to a manager. They were unavailable, but the girl stated they would call us back that day. A week later, no call. What a bad decision we made for our precious time away!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank H G
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed for two nights at the Inn at Crestwood in early October. The location and the mountains views are outstanding. The building has several interesting features that give it a romantic mountain lodge feel.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a signiicant management problem that results in a medicre guest experience. From very slow service in the restaurant to the mandatory tip in the bar and restaurant, there is an attitude of arogance throughout the inn. The management tries to correct mistakes; however, their solutions fall short of a full resolution.

As a frequent traveler, my opinion is that the Inn at Crestwood needs to bring in a professional hotel management team. The current managers try hard - but, they really miss the mark.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank BullCityTraveler57
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

My girlfriends and I planned a lovely weekend in Blowing Rock and booked spa apts at Crestwood Spa. We had great expectations for this place due to the pictures and the customer service when I set up the apts. I booked the 1.5 hr Crestwood massage with Cindi. When I got into the room the bed was freezing cold, the lotion was cold and i could hear people walking upstairs so Cindi turned the music up to drown out the noise. With all of this aside I tried to relax but had to ask for more pressure since it just felt like she was rubbing lotion on me. She did not listen and continued on until I just asked her to stop 15 minutes earlier. This made me uncomfortable and put me in an awkward position. It left me feeling more uptight than when I came in and a waste of $115. My girlfriends massages were better than mine but disliked the ambiance of the spa since the only place to relax was the lobby. I recommend booking the Westglow spa which was where we went last year. Lesson learned!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Kelly C
Rebekah P, Manager at The Inn at Crestwood, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Do Not Waste your money,

We greatly apologize that your experience at Crestwood was not what you were expecting. Please allow me to address each of your concerns. We have provided both bed warmers and heaters in each of the rooms, I am not sure if these were not adequate for heating your appointment or if something else was wrong, again we apologize that the bed and lotion were cold. I have been informed that Cindis appointments that morning were swedish massages, which are accredited with a lighter touch, Cindi is in the habit of offering an upgrade to a deep tissue massage if a guest request more pressure, I have also been informed that this happened in the appointment in question and the option was turned down. I have never had complaints about Cindi as a massage therapist, however we have spoken with her to see how together we can seek to provide a better service to our guests. We are also constantly seeking to improve the ambiance of the spa and hope that you will find what you are looking for here at Crestwood.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Courtyard Boone
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Boone
Meadowbrook Inn & Suites
Meadowbrook Inn & Suites
#5 of 15 in Blowing Rock

Been to The Inn at Crestwood? Share your experiences!