“Sunday dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Folsom, California
“Sunday dinner”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Two other couples and my fiancé and I ate at the Dan'l Boon Inn Restaurant on a Sunday evening. We had one of the best meals we had on our trip to NC that evening! Lots of food was brought to our table and it was all delicious, from the fried chicken, to the mashed potatoes and gravy (I don't usually like gravy, but I loved theirs), to the biscuits and ham. The price was reasonable, the service stellar, and we all had a great time!

Visited October 2013

Lumberton, North Carolina
“When in Boone you have to Stop!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Family style eating and the food and service were great! Atmosphere was nice and rustic, dining very causal. Good place to stop when in Boone.

• Visited October 2013
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Favorite place in Boone”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've been there for dinner a couple times and have never left disappointed. The price may seem a bit much for some, but the family style (platters brought to your table) is a unique experience that makes it seem like Grandma's house. They will bring refills of anything except ham biscuits and you can take those home with you. I prefer the food there to Shatley Springs, another Northwest NC similar style restaurant, at least for dinner. I've never tried Dan'l Boone Inn for breakfast (yet).

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank debjayne728
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must visit! ”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places and a must stop when in the Boone area! Pricey to some at 16.95 a person, but with the price for a great meal. If you leave hungry you would have to be fasting.

Greensburg, Kentucky
“Dan'l Boone Inn Boone, NC”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have been to the Dan'l Boone Inn and Restaurant before, probably about 8 years ago. We were so looking forward to stopping and enjoying a nice supper here. Unfortunately, it was a disappointing experience. The food was average at best, desserts were more like something you might get in a school cafeteria and we left feeling that perhaps they had started cutting corners on what was once a very nice "spread" of food. For the price, around $17 per person, I don't think we got anywhere near our money's worth. It was nice to go back, but disappointing to have a meal that left a lot to be desired.

• Visited October 2013