“Our Experience Was Good”

Dan'l Boone Inn Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I'm puzzled by some of the negative reviews for this restaurant. Ours was a great experience. This restaurant features home-style, country cooking, and our table thought everything was delicious. Food is brought to your table in bowls so you can have as much or as little as you'd like. There was fried chicken, country fried steak, ham biscuits (2 per person, if you want more they are 99 cents apiece), slaw, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, cut corn, and cooked apples. The fried chicken was scrumptious. The country fried steak was fork tender. Spouse raved about the ham biscuits. I don't think anything tasted like it came from a can. My view is that everything is cooked fresh. Desserts were peach cobbler, strawberry shortcake, or chocolate cake (with a white icing). I had the cobbler and it was fabulous. Prices are reasonable, given that you'll probably eat a lot. Service is friendly.

For country cooking, we thoroughly enjoyed this family restaurant and would recommend.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stopped by after riding motorcycle on a cold spring day. The food was hot and it was fun to have so many choices all served family style. It was good but not great, the veggies tasted like they came from a can but I would suggest giving it a try.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Several people had suggested eating here. We decided to give it a try. If you are used to eating frozen meals then I guess this would be a treat. If you are any sort of cook then this is a waste of money. The ham biscuits were wonderful, and the chicken was okay. The vegetables tasted like they came from a can and the desserts were a joke. I had the strawberry shortcake thinking how bad can that be messed up. Well, it was frozen soupy strawberries thrown on top of a piece of stale cake. Save your money.

1  Thank Sylvia G
DBI1, General Manager at Dan'l Boone Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Numerous attempts were made to contact this reviewer with no response from the customer.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Our family tradition was carried out at our yearly 2 hour trek to eat lunch in Boone. The menu never disappoints or changes. Our waitperson Maggie was delightful. It is a tourist place to dine but we take part and eat well each year. The salad in the summer months is better than the soup in the cooler months but it was chilly so it was fitting. As far as desserts instead of whip cream on everything we wish ice cream was a choice especially for the cobbler and chocolate cake. The staff member at the register was the least pleasant at our visit but everyone has a cross day once in a while. So, when in Boone dine at the Inn.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went tonight and were very disappointed. Service was great and staff was very friendly but we love "Southern Cooking", grew up with the real thing and always eat at local places. I would have sworn the country steak served here was a micro-waved Encore Salisbury Steak meal and everything else was institutional cafeteria food. I asked about the food when checking out and obviously offended the cashier who said everyone loves their food and it really was "homemade". Could have fooled me. Just out opinion, you may actually like it. I can't recommend it.

1  Thank miami M