“The "Rock" of my Salvation.”

The Rock Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #55 of 154 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by how incredible food could be at a place where sports are the primary focus. The most ideal sports bar can provide the best level of sports entertainment while simultaneously wowing your taste buds. Hallelujah! This place does both! The Rock is neither a dive nor a chain. Thus it provides an unique amount of character with undeniable quality. Avoid the corporate chains and the trough urinals. Sports fans and food critics alike, trust me, this place is for you!! Go Panthers!!!!!!

1  Thank WilloniousFunk

Reviewed December 28, 2013

From the minute we walked it, we should have turned around and walked out. After we were seated we were ignored--no menus. The bartender finally brought us menus; this was after a male waiter walked by us several times. He never came to get our order, the bartender did--finally. The bartender was doing all of the work: bar tending and waiting tables. Finally, a different waitress came to deliver our food and in the process dumped a sandwich on a member of our party and all over the table. We had to ask for a replacement. No one came to clean up the mess. We cleaned up the table. The floor was left. The male server said he would bring a broom so we could clean up the mess--REALLY! We were ignored after that--and had to ask for our bill. We were charged for the entire mess. What a disaster; this place is the rock bottom of sports bars! Certainly no recommendation from us. This happened on December 23rd.

3  Thank Bev M
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went to this bar/restaurant one afternoon to grab a bite and have a beer. The place had a fairly good crowd, typical sports bar atmosphere. We ordered a beer and food. It took a while to get our food, but that was OK. However, when I took a bite of my first wing, the wing was ICE COLD on the inside! It is like they pre-cook the wings and then re-heat them. I had to send them back, and the server seemed a little miffed about it, I think more at the kitchen than at me. We ordered a chicken wrap as well, it was OK but nothing special. There are so many other great places in Boone that I would not waste my time here.

1  Thank Moonbeambabe
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Hung out here for a football game and had a blast ! Great food, service and atmosphere ! We will definitely return. Remember this is a sports bar with sports bar atmosphere. Lots of fun !

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The pretzel poppers are hands down the best things I've ever placed in my mouth. Great atmosphere, our waitress was awesome and the manager was even better. Definitely the place to visit next time I'm in Boone.