“Not very fresh”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mr Original Gyros
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Went for lunch and ordered the gyro and Greek fries. The service was just okay. When I got my food (15 min later) the fries were limp and greasy. The gyro meat was tuff and crispy. Must have been the last of the meat warmed up on the flat top. The tomatoes were very soft and mushy. I wanted to get a baklava to go but found out they get it off the food vender and not made fresh. Wish GrapeVine Cafe was still in Boone.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My Original is a great Greek place here. Delicious pita, homemade feta cheese and tzaziki sauce. At my most recent visit I had a gyro salad that I loved! It was a special, but I really hope they put it on the regular menu. It was the only thing I found that (without special ordering) was gluten free and dairy free. I really wanted to get another one to-go, to eat the next day! This is a family owned place which I really like. At our visit however, there was a young guy in the kitchen going on and on about "his restaurant" and how it should be at "his restaurant", etc. He was being pretty mean to the staff and all the patrons were uncomfortable listening to his tirade. That is my only negative comment, the food is fantastic, and the older owners are super sweet to everyone.