“Bachelors Weekend with Wahoos: Would have been a bust without JAMAL!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wahoo's Adventures

Wahoo's Adventures
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Boone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS! "2 Time Outfitter of the Year", 5 Time TripAdvisor "Peoples Choice Award". Now celebrating our 38th anniversary. Award winning service, with the highest quality outdoor adventures in the region, at the GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES! Fantastic full service Outposts, located on or by the areas best rivers. Providing the ultimate in convenience with riverside parking, hot showers, store, catered meals(basic to gourmet), camping, treehouse cabins, and so much more. NO LONG BUS RIDES! We have adventures for the smallest of children "MILD", up to "WILD" World Class Extreme Rafting adventures. Our Guides are known as some of the "Finest Seasoned Outdoor Professionals", you will find in the World today. Many have been running rivers for over 10+ yrs, honing skills on rivers Worldwide and then sharing their skills with our younger Guides and YOU our GUEST to offer an amazing experience! Go with the PROS at WAHOOS, You will WITNESS and EXPERIENCE the DIFFERENCE!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Pikeville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bachelors Weekend with Wahoos: Would have been a bust without JAMAL!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just got back from a great bachelors weekend for one of my best friends that is getting married in a couple of weeks. On saturday (24Aug2013) we went river tubing with Wahoos Adventures of Boone, NC. We had a great time tubing down the river. it was a real blast! We had a driver that took su down to our tubing starting point named Jamal and he was awesome. Our morning had started out a little sour when we checked in to the main outpost in Boone when we encoutntered Jeff, the owner. There had been some miscommunication on both ends and our trip had been double booked. He was a real jerk about. I dont feel as if he handled it in a real proffesional manner. But lucky for us when we got to our tubing destination Jamal changed our whole day and made it awesome! we would definintly go tubing again with Wahoos if we could have Jamal there assisting us.The only other negative we had was there wasnt any food for sale other thatn ice cream at the tubing outpost. they did offer us some chicken and BBQ plates that we could buy from another family that had over booked and had some food left over. We had 8 guys so we decided to buy four plates and split a plate with each other which they charged us $10 a plate). They said they would hold our food for us and make sure there was enough food for each plate. We decided to tube one last time before we ate and the agreed this would be fine. Well..., when we got back form tubing no one was there to help us with the food. Another group was told to tell us where we could find our food which. When we found our food finally the $40 dollars we had spent for these 4 plates was a huge rip off!!! The $40 dollars we spent apperently bought us 3 chicken leg quarters, a half handful of BBQ, a spoon ful of beans per plate, a bag of 6 rolls, a spoon ful of cole slaw a piece, and 4 pieces of watermelon. (might i remind you we split these plates between 8 grown men). This WAS NOT worth $40! and it was real convinient that the lady taht made us teh deal had left when we came back...Imagine that! If it had not been for Jamal and ag great time tubing with friends this "adventure" with wahoos would have been a bust. Jamal you are the man! Thanks for a great time!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
“Our honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I went funyacking on the watauga river. Due to the season winding down we were turned away by the 2 companies that our resort recommended and happened upon wahoo's while out and about. Virginia and Sarah lined up our trip with very short notice (thankfully) and we were on our way. The staff was fantastic they not only got us on the water but also lined up a spelunking trip very short notice. Our guides were Eddie, JT, and Will. I've been rafting several times but my wife hadn't and funyacking was a first for us both. Our guides were very friendly and made a trip full of college freshman plus 2 newly wed 30 something's an unforgettable experience. We were so pleased with our experience that we detoured when returning home to pickup t-shirts and a wahoos license plate. Wahoos is gay friendly and a must visit!

Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Rafting on the Nolichucky, TN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Outpost the staff was very welcoming and helpful. The appearance was very well kept and accommodating. My partner in crime was mortified and I was very curious if we were going to have to turn back and leave. Luckily, she pushed through and away we went. Our guide Bert, was excellent! He was not only a fantastic guide but a storyteller! He was incredibly knowledgeable of his surroundings and an expert paddler. His jokes, as corny as they were, kept us very entertained. :) The scenery was breathtaking! I absolutely loved this adventure and will highly recommend! Thank you for a wonderful time!
Wysteria White

Atlantic Beach, NC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Tubing on the New River very relaxing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

My friend and I went tubing on the New River. We were bummed when we realized how short the trip was, but the guides, Darren and Jeffrey were great and offered to drop us back off at the starting point so we could float down the river again. Had we not done it twice, it would not have been worth it, but we were very pleased with the experience.

Kudos and thanks to the on-site staff of Jeffrey, Darren, and Anna!! They were very friendly and accommodating. There was only one person who showed up that my friend and I thought was rude and unprofessional....and that was the owner, Jeff (I believe his name was). He drove up and got out of his vehicle and started barking orders at the staff. To be quite honest, it really spoiled the mood. Looks like the staff should give the owner some lessons on customer service. We felt bad for how the staff was being treated, in front of paying customers no less. Plus, it spoiled a really relaxing tubing experience to float up to a grumpy man barking orders at everyone. That was a real turn-off and for that reason I will not be giving Wahoo's Adventures any more of my business. However, if Darren and Jeffrey and Anna open up their own tubing/rafting business, I'll be sure to visit! I wish more people would apply the Golden Rule in the work setting, no matter if you're a CEO, a manager, an owner, or the impression we got that day, just a lowly minion. And if you're going to be a jerk, DO IT IN PRIVATE and not in front of groups of paying customers. That's BAD BUSINESS!

3 Thank avidtraveler6
Santa Monica, California
“Really fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went on the 4 hours white river rafting on the Nolichucky river, and we had a great time. We were 13 of us including 2 teenagers as this is not for younger kids. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. The river can be challenging at times, but each raft has a very knowledgeable guide. Each participant is taught basic technique and safety on the bus ride to the start of the tour. I felt very safe even when one of our boat tipped over. Everyone was rescued very quickly, and we will have an adventure to tell. The staff is incredibly friendly, funny and very experienced. The lunch consisted of sandwiches, vegetables and watermelon.
I highly recommend.