“WAHOOS SIMPLY THE BEST”

Wahoo's Adventures
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Boone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS! "2 Time Outfitter of the Year", 5 Time TripAdvisor "Peoples Choice Award". Now celebrating our 38th anniversary. Award winning service, with the highest quality outdoor adventures in the region, at the GUARANTEED LOWEST PRICES! Fantastic full service Outposts, located on or by the areas best rivers. Providing the ultimate in convenience with riverside parking, hot showers, store, catered meals(basic to gourmet), camping, treehouse cabins, and so much more. NO LONG BUS RIDES! We have adventures for the smallest of children "MILD", up to "WILD" World Class Extreme Rafting adventures. Our Guides are known as some of the "Finest Seasoned Outdoor Professionals", you will find in the World today. Many have been running rivers for over 10+ yrs, honing skills on rivers Worldwide and then sharing their skills with our younger Guides and YOU our GUEST to offer an amazing experience! Go with the PROS at WAHOOS, You will WITNESS and EXPERIENCE the DIFFERENCE!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Lake Placid, Fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WAHOOS SIMPLY THE BEST”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is my 4th visit to the Blowing Rock area, I have been rafting each time I have visited. I have also rafted many times out West. This time I was recomened to try Wahoos Adventures by a local camp ground attendent. I spoke to lilly and she was very knowledgeable about white water and what was available at Wahoos, I decided to try the wilson creek river. It was amazing, best rafting/ funyaking I have ever done i ran the 10ft falls and other rapid that thrilled the s***** out of me. O.K. that is the river story, best part of the trip was the guides, profecionalism, equipment and the food - love those brownies!
These folks at Wahoos run a 1st class operation, from my first contact to the wave good bye from the guides!!!
Paddlenut

Visited June 2011
1 Thank pmpjohn

Oldsmar, Florida
414 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 439 helpful votes
“Kayaking the New River”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We had a fun afternoon kayaking the New River. It was a pleasant easy trip for us. Jeff Stanley owner had suggested we kayak in late afternoon, ending at Todd, NC where we had a great dinner at Todd General Store and enjoyed an evening of Blue Grass music. Whatever adventure you want Wahoo's can handle. Jeff is fantastic at adventure activities for all ages and he also can offer great suggestions for other things to do on your visit to an area. Just ask he or his staff and they will take good care of you.

Visited June 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“Had a Blast”
Reviewed June 5, 2011

My family and I recently took a week vacation to Blowing Rock, North Carolina and at the cabin we were staying in I saw an add for Wahoo's Adventures. We have two children ages 9 and 13, so we figured that rafting would be a fun thing to do as a family. We called and were able to talk to the manager Jeff Stanley. Jeff was very informative and talked me through all the trips they offered. He was patient with me and my many questions and we were able to figure out that floating down the New River was the best thing for us to do. The Wahoo's base was easy to find and Jeff was able to deal with us personally. Once arriving at the base Jeff gave us directions and also was able to suggest other attractions around the area.
Once my family and I made it to the Wahoo's base on the New River (which Jeff was able to share with me that they are the only outfitters on the river to actually have a place to park my car that was safe.) we were greeted with a former Appalachian State University football player, Louis. He was very kind and helpful, helping us with questions we had about the trip we were about to take. He loaded up two canoes with life vests and paddles and said he was going to shuttle us up to the drop in spot. The van ride was really fun, Louis asked us questions about where we were from and what brought us to Boone, he also gave us a brief history lesson on the New River and it was through that we found out that he will be coaching and teaching next year in Charlotte, North Carolina. Upon reaching the drop in spot Louis unloaded the canoes by himself and put them in the water for us. He gave us a quick lesson and sent us on our way.
The ride was beautiful and relaxing. The water level was high enough for us to move pretty swiftly down the river. It was a sunny day that was not too hot and there was very little traffic on the river. Half way through our trip we were able to pass the Wahoo's base and Louis was there to ask us how we were doing and if we needed anything or had any questions. He told us where the pick up was further down the river. The second half of our trip was more scenic than the first. The water was beautiful and clear, we were able to see a few fish. As we got closer to the end of our trip I was worried that we would miss the take out spot, but to my surprise Louis was there waiting of us. He pulled us in and loaded up the canoes and on the ride back to the base he was very concerned that we had a good time.
Once we got back to the base Louis informed us that we could tube for free, so after a little debating between our family we decided to take him up on the offer. He shuttled us back up to the drop in spot and sent us down in tubes. Tubing was a different kind of experience than canoeing, which was great. After paddling and steering the canoe, it was relaxing and a great change of pace. The kids had more fun tubing than canoeing which was great for my husband and I cause they were able to float ahead of us and still be in our view. Once we got back to the base Louis was there for us to take the tubes and put them away. It was about 5 when we got back and I asked him what time they closed up out there and he said "When the last person comes out. Ill wait till dark if I have to." That was very reassuring and good to know.
Overall I was very pleased with my decision to choose Wahoo's. Jeff was very nice and gave me all the information I needed. He really went out of his way to make sure my family and I had a great trip and experience. Louis was very helpful and was great to talk to. I will definitely recommend Wahoo's to all of my friends heading to Blowing Rock this summer.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank ATLteacher11
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great place for family fun!”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Last August, I had an OUTSTANDING time with Wahoo's on their Watauga River White Water trip!

I had my wife and two boys; ages 7 and 9 with me. We had originally wanted to take the Nolichucky trip, as my youngest was finally old enough to go. I've used Wahoo's for the past few years now and each of those years we have decided to keep the whole family on The Watauga, which is a lighter white water river that little kids can go on. Sadly, we had come in the middle of a drought and the Nolichucky was unavailable, so it was back to the Watauga. I asked Jeff, the owner and Adventure Cooridinater if there was any way we could get our trip spiced up a little bit more this year if possible. He said he'd let one of his guides know that we were specifically coming and to do something 'special' for us. I'll be honest, Jeff can be very short temepered at times, especially when dealing with some customers (One year I watched it happen when I was schedualing a trip from his office; somone tried to back out of a trip over weather) but seriously, the guides that he hires are some of the most wonderful people I've met in my life! Brett, our guide, had already been given the heads up we were coming. He splashed, he screamed, he spinned the raft on a few rocks we weren't expecting. There were water wars between the rafts using water guns and buckets.

It .Was. Awesome.

As a man who enjoys outdoor adventure very much, but who is stuck in an office in Raleigh, NC all day, I am very thankful to have a business such as Wahoo's I can rely on to get me soaked and to get my heart pumping.

Visited August 2010
2 Thank whitecollaradventure
Boone, North Carolina
“Book with Wahoo's!”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

If you want the best rafting experience in the high country, Wahoo's is where it's at. Our guides were great and really passionate about their jobs. Everything was organized and efficient. I especially liked the fact that their TN outpost had clean changing rooms and showers. I would definitely recommend Wahoo's to all rafters of any skill level!

Visited May 2011