“Will be back!”

Appalachians Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #3 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Boone
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come enjoy the Appalachian Mountains by ATV's/4 wheelers and by horseback. Rides offered are ATV only rides, Horseback only rides and combo rides. You get both adventures in the combo ride. The rides all include - helmets, lesson, lunch, drinks and pictures.These are private rides that last approximately 4 to 6 hours depending on the activity you choose that best suites your family. Come enjoy your day with us on a beautiful mountain ride.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were lucky to get a last minute (2 days ahead..) booking with Dyan and Becca. We did a five mile ride with Indy and Forrest Gump and could not have been happier. The humans were wonderful, supportive of non-riders and extremely friendly. The four-footed-friends were gentle, tall and calm. Our ride was beautiful and the picnic at the end was just about perfect! We will book a future ride!

All reviews
"reservation process"
"wonderful adventure"
"comfort level"

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Would recommend this one thousand percent to anyone and everyone! Neither of us had any experience riding a horse, yet Michelle helped us feel comfortable and confident right away. It was 4 hour ride on a really beautiful trail :)
I could not have asked to have a better experience. It was just fantastic.
I needed some special accommodations and they were so accommodating (and discreet) about it I was very pleased and very touched.
Absolutely try it if you're in the area!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My group had two very experienced riders, one who has ridden and a 10 year old boy who has taken 6 months of lessons. Dyan planned for each of us with a horse that would be a perfect fit. Each of us felt comfortable but for myself and my daughter - who have 20+ years of riding experience - we were given horses that gave us enough of a challenge to keep it fun and keep us engaged.

This is not 'just another trail ride'. I highly recommend Appalachians by Horseback, Dyan, her daughter and other assistants will make you feel comfortable no matter what your riding experience level is. The ride itself is beautiful, the views are stunning. The lunch provided is homemade and delicious.

All in all, you couldn't ask for a better experience!

3  Thank alf7042
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The owner Dyan had us meet her at a designated area just outside the Moses Cone National Park at 10am. She had thoughtfully given me her cell phone number just in case I got lost, which I did. After the preliminaries, we mounted our horses and Dyan and her daughter, who was home from college, proceded to guide us up the trail to the mansion, giving us lessons as we rode. Neither my wife or I are experienced riders. When we reached the mansion Dyan instructed us to go see the mansion, which is a simpley beautiful old mansion overlooking a lake and the Blue Ridge Mountains. On our return, Dyan had a picnic lunch laid out on a blanket overlooking the vineyard. Everything was very good. This is truly a family operation. Dyan's husband made the subs and their daughter Melissa made my favorite, homemade cheesecake pie. After eating we mounted our horses and proceded down another trail which took us back to where we parked, stopping along the way to take pictures and view the scenery. At the truck we were invited to help with loading of the horses, which would have been a pleasure, my horse, Indy, loved me. We were instructed where to view and download our pictures and given a print of the best on a card to remember our visit. I made sure to keep Dyan's phone number so we could ride again the next time we came to Banner Elk.

1  Thank Jerald C