“great group lunch to go”
Review of Stick Boy Kitchen

Stick Boy Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Soups, American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina, USA
“great group lunch to go”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We ordered to go for an office meeting last week. We faxed our orders two hours ahead. Because of this they didn't know what soups they would be serving yet, so that wasn't an option for ordering. Among us we got salad and sandwiches to try. I tasted the artichoke hot sandwich that my friend got and it was very good. I got the "Greek" salad which was very good, but I would definitely describe it more "Italian", olives Italian meats etc. Everyone was happy with their choices. Some of the bigger eaters were wishing there were sides that come along with the sandwiches, they hit the vending machine for chips and cookies with their meals, but most everyone was quite satisfied with their portions and with their lunches overall. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013

Boone
“Creative menu, best staff”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We all awaited the opening of Stick Boy Kitchen that pleases every palate. I had a turkey, red pepper goat cheese sandwich laden with local greens. And SBK caters with strong community support.

• Visited July 2013
Boone
“Another good option in Boone”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have eaten here twice since they opened, once for lunch and once for breakfast. As expected from Stick Boys, service is great, friendly place. Our lunch sandwiches were fantastic, large portions, of course fresh bread, and the quality of sandwich meat/cheese was good. I actually had to take 1/2 my sandwich with me. The breakfast was good- bagels were good, nothing special but not bad.

The meals are served in cardboard baskets - I wish they would line the basket with sandwich paper or something - have to wonder how clean he cardboard is? Menu on chalkboard is hard to read, would appreciate a printed one to look at

• Visited June 2013
Boone, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected More”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This review is for the newly opened Stick Boy Kitchen (in the old Mountain Bagels location). I have been going to Stick Boy Bread (on Hardin Street) for years. The service and quality at the bakery are top-notch. Unfortunately, the Stick Boy Kitchen did not meet my expectations during my 2 recent visits. The first time, I ordered a bagel with sausage. The bagel tasted fine, but I did not enjoy the sausage. Hopefully, a new source for sausage will be found, perhaps from a local farm or even Neese's or Jenkins. The second time, I had the tomato basil soup, which was very tasty, but I did not enjoy eating it with a plastic spoon from a disposable container. I ordered sweet tea both times, which was excellent. However, the straw was so long, it was awkward to drink. Of course, I removed the lid and threw away the straw.

Granted, the new location has only been open a few weeks, and I'm confident the quality will improve over time. I really expected something "extra special", since everything from the bakery is so exceptionally good.

• Visited May 2013
StickBoyBread, Owner at Stick Boy Kitchen, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
As a new business we are constantly making improvements to our operations. I hope you will try us again. We now have real dishes and flatware and even shorter straws for your enjoyment!
West Jefferson
“Under New Management”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Although the food and decor look good the food was sub par. They got every part of my order incorrect. We ordered ahead...the order was completely wrong. When they corrected it they shorted me one bagel. We also ate a bagel at the restaurant and the order was wrong but at-least the service was slow and difficult to place because I had to keep repeating what I wanted.

• Visited May 2013
I'm really sorry that you experienced sub par service. We have made a lot of positive changes since we opened and I hope you give us another try. Thanks for letting us know where we fell short.