“Great view..a little hard to find”
Review of Howard Knob

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Howard's Knob has a great view of Boone and the surrounding area. To get the full effect of the beauty, it takes a little climbing over and around rocks....please take care in getting down to the overlook...not really kid or senior citizen friendly without a lot of assistance and monitoring. Once safely there, the view is breath-taking. It is also a litt

3  Thank ncbluebird2014
There are newer reviews for Howard Knob

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have been to Howards Knob many times. This winter we decided to go up and get some pictures of the ice. In the winter the gate is closed but yoiu can still have a great view.

1  Thank Travelman360
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I couldn't visit Howard's Knob as I did as a college junior visiting ASU to see my girlfriend. I took a friend up the Knob to show him the city of Boone at night. Instead, I get a whole bunch of signs making the place look like a daggum airport tarmac with all sorts of bizarre security restrictions. Seriously, Boone...do you have THAT big a problem with people parking on the knob?? Is it such a problem that you feel you have to deny generations of Americans the same privilege you once had? I was extremely disappointed!

2  Thank WJVNRAL
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I made the windy road trip up to overlook the city, not so impressed. Would not go out of my way to make this trip, the mountain views on the roadway were just as good.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The view of the town of Boone and Appalachia College was awesome. My sister in law had been there and insisted we drives up. We took a picnic and spent a few hours there. I can only imagine the breathtaking view when the foilsge us at its peak. If ever in Boone would make it a must.