“Even Better The Second Time Around” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of COBO Sushi Bistro & Bar

COBO Sushi Bistro & Bar
Ranked #21 of 147 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh
“Even Better The Second Time Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

When you recommend a restaurant to foodie friends you sometimes angst over whether they will enjoy it as much as you. They didn't; they were even more over-the-top than me! One couple went on their own and raved. The second couple went with us on our second visit. Our food was sublime. Like our first visit, it was hard to remember that we were in Boone, so cool was the decor. The service was excellent and the food was spot on. Keep it rolling!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank jetlagged08

misstat2
“Best service EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Florence was fantastic! She recommended the Burning Man to my husband and I and it was the best roll I have ever had! Service was prompt and drinks We're on point! We will be back!!!

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank misstat2
Hollywood, Florida, United States
“Surprisingly Great Sushi for a Small Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I know the owner and his partner in this 2 year old Sushi place in downtown Boone, off Howard Street. I am from South Florida and eat a lot of Sushi. Joe's take on things is truely unique, and I know he has been well trained. The decor is very upscale for Boone, but you can dress casually. Reservations are recommended if you are going to eat any later than 7 pm. Food is delicious and extremely reasonably priced. You won't be sorry.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Nadine C
“Great date night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

We met friends for a double date. Food extremely fresh and prepared well! I recommend the combo ran goons as a starter and the dynamite roll and hamachi tataki. If you want something a little different and not do sushi, try the New Yorker with filet mignon, lobster and asparagus (as a sushi roll)! Service was also excellent-they were short a server but the waitresses all seemed to hustle so it had minimal impact. I will definitely return- place is a bit small so arrive earlier.

Visited July 2014
Hollywood, Florida
“Some Serious Issues”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We went on a recommendation to try COBO out. I've eaten at numerous sushi restaurants and this one was one of the worst. To keep it short here's the issues I have with this restaurant.

1. Between the 3 of us we ordered 5 sushi rolls which were all crammed on a single plate. This makes no sense, I've ordered boats before but why put on one plate. It was not served with ginger or wasabi. The waitress said I forgot I'm supposed to serve it. She proceeds to get it from the kitchen where it was obviously pre-prepared and dried out from sitting. To top it off we get one plate of it to share which is disgustingly unsanitary. Its like they are trying to save money by doing this.
2. Ordered the mussels appetizer numerous mussels were not opened which tells me they were dead when boiled. You can see many of the others were pried open the way the shells were cracked. We told the waitress she took the closed ones away and didn't offer replacement.
3. Our waitress was terrible, she served the sushi while the discarded mussels were on the table then proceeded to remove the mussles over the food she just served.
4. We ordered their udon noodles with scallops. This dish was horrible. It was 90% broth. The 4 scallops they give were pan seared and then thrown in the broth. They were mushy and with barely any noodles. It was really a $16 bowl of soup. Do not order this.
5. My impression of the restaurant is great when you walk in, but when you sit in the rear of the restaurant you are viewing into the busing area, kitchen and waiter stand. They put no effort in to covering up this view. You might as well put those 7 tables in the kitchen, since you hear the bus boy dumping the dishes into the tray and staff working.
6. They have a seating stand in the front, on a busy Thursday night it was empty with no one to seat you.
7. Waitress was truly not trained and had no clue on what to do.Made numerous mistakes on proper etiquette and serving methods.

I hope the manager takes this to heart and improves and professionally runs this place because someone spent a lot of money putting it together.

• Visited July 2014