“My new favorite restaurant in Boone.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of COBO Sushi Bistro & Bar

COBO Sushi Bistro & Bar
Ranked #19 of 141 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boone, North Carolina
“My new favorite restaurant in Boone.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been three times so far. Excellent each time! I love sushi and while I am pretty picky about where I order sushi (no gas stations haha), I have tired it in many places. This is one of the best. The only thing I hate is that I can't try every roll in one night. I have tried the Calamari and Tuna Poke from the appetizer menu and several specialty rolls including the Appalachian, Summit, Burning Man, Dynamite, and others. Summit is my favorite. If you like the Good Point roll from Makotos across town, you must try the Summit. They also have a regular menu with several items if you not into sushi, but if you going to CoBo it should be for the sushi. It is a unique atmosphere compared to the what you will find in may Boone restaurants. Price is about average or maybe a $1 or so more per roll. You can eat for less than $20. But, I like to try more than one roll or maybe an app too. My typicall bill for two is usually around $60. Don't think they take reservations, but our wait is usually 0-15 mins. Just what this town needed if you ask me. I'll be back . . . SOON!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

“THE Sushi Stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We checked this place out (in very casual attire) and felt like I had stepped into a very chic, cool manhattan eatery. The bartenders were smartly attired and the hostesses and service staff looked very well turned out; The sushi was GREAT! and the value reasonable. Thank goodness some local friends came in looking very Boone post hike like or I would have felt awkward being dressed down! Check it out for an important date or just great sushi!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Wataugian
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

1st this place is so not Boone, fantastic interior design and lounge music! The food is fantastic, some of the best Sushi I ever had and I did eat at Nobu!
Also the Entres are fantastic! Service was unusual friendly and fast as well! Way to go! Boone has one eatery beside Joy Bistro more where it has not to be ashamed off!

• Visited May 2013