“Worst hotel I have ever stayed at !”

Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The first room we were given had no heat. Then we were moved to another room that had no hot water. The third room we were moved to had a large dog next door constantly barking. The elevator broke our second day there so we had to use the stairs. The pool and hot tub were broke our entire stay. We didn't receive a discount or any comps for our problems.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kjones5848
Casey L, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback is a gift, regardless of content. We can not become a better property without it. I do sincerely apologize for issues that you faced during your stay. I would very much like to speak with you personally regarding your visit. Please give me the opportunity to make it right for you.

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I come to town alot. Pool, hot tub and gym closed. Elevator broken.....
Free breakfast a zoo when crowded. No staff but on weekdays...there was staff.

No tv channel listing...when we called front desk and asked what channel hbo was....they said that that dont have hbo...even though there was a hbo guide. Then while surfing we found hbo at channel 100plus.

But good location. ...wonderful town and not too expensive.

I won't stay here again but I prefer nicer lodgings...would rather pay more.

Staff was friendly

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Casey L, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We take pride in caring for each guest that arrives to our property. I do sincerely apologize you were unable to enjoy all of our amenities on your visit. Once the renovations are complete our pool and hot tub area will be better then ever before. Please give a call directly and I would be happy to talk to you personally regarding your stay.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great front desk staff, especially the male manager who I forgot his name but was extremely helpful in deciding our dinner plans, which mountain to ski on, and also what kind of night life there is in Boone on the weekends. We left for dinner and when we returned we were looking for some of the complimentary cookies and hot chocolate by the fire, downside is they ran out of cookies. But the manager was extremely nice and made a few more for my family which enjoyed sitting by the fire at the table eating cookies, drinking hot chocolate, and playing games. Rooms were ok, short on towels in our double room (3 towels for 4 guest??). Breakfast was great plenty to pick from and also a nice country feel to the breakfast area. Rooms were not bad priced, only complaint was that the Pool and Hot Tub were closed, but when I called to follow up with my conformation, a front desk girl (Cassy) said it would be operational by then. Overall a good experience and helpful management that night. Next year we might stay here again if we don't look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Call ahead to ensure pool and hot tub are up first so that you don't run into our issue.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed review for our property. I am very pleased to hear that you received great dinner recommendations and that you enjoyed our warm cookies. The pool and hot tub area are currently being renovated. As brought on by Act of God this was unexpected. I sincerely apologize that you were unable to enjoy all of our amenities. Please come back stay with us again on your next visit! I would be happy to assist with your reservations.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I want to start off by saying that I would absolutely stay here again. This hotel was a great value and was considerably less expensive than the other options around Boone during the New Year's time that we went. The only reason that I didn't give it a rating of 5 is because the hot tub was down. This was one of the main reasons we chose this hotel as after a long day of snowboarding (and taking one good spill), I really was looking forward to using the hot tub. All in all though, friendly staff, clean rooms and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you very much for the review for our property. I do apologize that you did not get use our hot tub during your stay. The pool and hot tub are currently being renovated. Despite physical idiosyncrasies, we strive to overcome all challenges and provide excellent service and security for our guests. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The carpet was not clean. It had many light colored food crumbs on it near the furniture. There was an LL Bean label lying on the carpet from somebody's new clothing article. We did not have any wash clothes or bath towels; we had 5 face towels in a room for 3 adults. Do the math!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew M
Casey L, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I would love to speak with you personally regarding your stay. Please contact me directly.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Casey L, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014