“Excellent Italian Food”

Add it.
Amalfi Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Very family friendly and the food was a real surprise for such a casual restaurant. The service was excellent. The serving sizes are generous and we had plenty of leftovers.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have eaten there at least four times this summer and every time it's been excellent. The last time I had the lobster ravioli (on a friend's recommendation) and it was marvelous. My only complaint (and this isn't just for Almalfi's) but when I get a calzone the bottom crust is usually almost burnt . . . but I've learned to ask for it to be under cooked . . . forgot the other night . . . since it seems to be served that way everywhere . . . it's my fault for not remembering to ask. The prices are extremely reasonable for the large sizes of the servings.

1  Thank SeasonedTraveler088
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I really like the food there but its not a good date spot. The ambiance is zilch. Which is okay for a neighborhood pizza joint. I have always liked my food here but I always get it to-go.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Everybody always likes to go to the chain Italian restaurants, but Amalfi's in Boone is definitely a place worth trying. The portions and food quality are very good and the prices are even better. Lasagna, salad and bread for 9 dollars.

House salad dressing and fresh bread are outstanding as well. Good wine and beer selection.

1  Thank nh70744
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've been to Almalfi's twice, each time with a large group, and everyone was happy with their meals and with the service. The menu offerings are pretty much your standard U.S. Italian fare, but are well executed and reasonably priced. Now that Pssghetti's is closed, this is my favorite place to go in the High Country for Italian food. My one caveat is that if you're looking for something different or unique in terms of dishes, you're probably not going to find that here, and most dishes are on the heavy side. But if you're simply looking for well-prepared Italian comfort food, you'll probably be very satisfied with Amalfi's.