“Excellent and Authentic”

Add it.
Amalfi Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Seems that a lot of the people who visited here are discussing the Wilkesboro location, so let me be clear that this is about Boone.

These guys are the real deal. I have eaten in Italy, and in "little Italies" in Boston, NYC, and elsewhere. The red sauce at Amalfi's is wonderful. Their pastas are made in-house. Their soups are excellent. Their pizza is also great, but I can't rationalize the pizza when there's eggplant parmesan to be had.

Do yourself a favor and order an Italian specialty (don't order the steak or something you can get anywhere). You won't be sorry.

Oh, and the service is also excellent, the prices are extremely reasonable, and the portions are huge.

1  Thank rosiet33

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Amalfi's is terrific, have enjoyed their Wilkesboro location when I am passing through. Be sure to check this Boone location out, really nice seating and decor, great customer service and the owner has a passion for food! Nice place for wine and pizza like no other in the high country!

2  Thank PastaWench
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stopped in for dinner during the first Friday art crawl. The menu is long, ranging from pasta through entrees like lasagna to sandwiches and pizza. Having eaten there only once, I can only comment on the specials we got, but they were quite good. Tour of Italy had surprisingly big samples of meatloaf, moussaka and eggplant parmigana. The rapini ravioli was outstanding. I typically order the specials for the day at a new restaurant, and it paid off here. We'll be back, as it is the best Italian food at this price point in Boone.

2  Thank John M
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Visited 12/4/12. The menu has everything from mussels to hot wings, salads, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, seafood, traditional Italian entrees, desserts. One would think they can do it ALL! Ah, but can they do it all and also do it well? My linguini with Italian sausage sauce was pretty ordinary. My wife's potato gnocchi was pasty and gooey. We were the only customers on our side of the restaurant on a Tuesday night. There were four waitstaff actively engaged in conversation, but we were served promptly and glasses refilled efficiently. Prices were fair. Being located practically on-campus at ASU in the location of a formerly very popular pizza joint, it seems they haven't decided whether their target clientele is college kids or fine diners, so they try to do it all. In my opinion, they should decide who they are and who their customers are, and design a menu accordingly. I don't think they can work both sides of that street.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Settled in the old Mellow Mushroom and Frankie's pizza's location, this is the best new addition to Boone's restaurants. I really hope and believe it will have more success than the previous restaurants there.

I come to Amalfi's at least three times a week. Why? Because it is a God-send of an Italian restaurant, and it's actually really affordable! The owners know me by name. They are real Italians from Naples...the haven for Italian food in Italy.

This new restaurant deserves more publicity for how incredible it is! And I'm from the northeast - I know good Italian.
I've tried an array of options on the menu, and each has made me literally express out loud how good it is. I am never disappointed with the quality food I get there, and how good the pricing is!

I always take my friends here, and enjoy watching their faces as they enjoy their first bite into the truly most amazing pizza I've ever eaten...for only $1.75 a slice!

Not only that, but the bread (especially when you get it with meat sauce) gives an aroma of flavor that sends your taste buds out of this world. I can't even begin to describe how good it is.

I know this sounds biased, but it's really not. I'm a student at App, and come here so much.
More people need to know about this incredible, affordable secret Boone has for real Italian food!

2  Thank mountainman1002