“Solid Addition To Boone Dining”

Mint Cuisine of India
Ranked #9 of 156 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I'd give Mint 3.5 stars if it were possible. That when judging it against all restaurants in general. Even in judging it against the multitude of other Indian restaurants we've eaten in, Mint is just slightly above average. The food, service and atmosphere were all good. On the whole, however, the good was not as flavorful as we'd hoped. It just didn't "pop" like we expect Indian food to. We did enjoy it enough that we will go back. I have some concerns that two of us got sick the same day that two other reviewers did. Hopefully this was an isolated situation.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I really wanted to like Mint; both of us did. Our expectations were high since the reviews were so good. We went on a Friday night, thinking the "A team" would be in the kitchen and on the floor.
First, the good. It's conveniently located next to Stick Boy, another high rated restaurant. The interior decor is nice and relaxing. That's about all the good I can think of. We ordered the dinner for 2 for $45. First course is a vegetarian appetizer plate. If I said it was inedible, it would be giving it raves. Everything was over fried and very dry, even the tofu, which has a lot of moisture. It looked and tasted like it was left over from lunch and left on the line too long. Well, that's OK, we thought, 3 more dishes are coming. The first dish was tandoori--chicken and shrimp. This actually was pretty good compared to the rest and we wished we would have stuck with the shrimp for a main course. The second dish was lamb chunks in a tomato cream sauce. The lamb was full of gristle which indicated to us that either the kitchen doesn't care about the quality or this was a warmed up frozen entree. The third dish, which was a mix of vegetables in sauce was completely inedible. These definitely were frozen vegetables and even the naan and rice couldn't make it better. Dessert was a frozen mango circular disc in a canned berry sauce.
When one person at the table feels sick after a meal, that's one thing. When both get sick, then something is wrong with the food. It took our bodies on a wild ride for the next 24 hours. Maybe the food is fresher or not pre-frozen at lunch, but we'll never know since we won't be returning. So disappointing!!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am addicted to this place, seriously I am hooked! My Fiancee and I started eating here about a year ago shortly after Mint opened. My Fiancee is super picky, I mean if a five year old likes it then he might eat it lol. I was skeptical at first on if he would like Indian food or not. After ordering the buffet we sat down and I watched as he took his first bite. To my surprise his eyes opened wide and he said, "I love this food!" We have been back at least bimonthly since. We always order the lunch buffet which is always fresh, clean, and delicious. Plus it's only about ten dollars a person which is a great bargain for such good food and environment! The atmosphere is beautiful too. Sundays lunch buffet includes free champagne and drinks, try it out if you're in the area. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

A fabulous Indian restaurant. The Sunday lunch buffet is excellent. Lots of variety, fresh, hot, & wonderful. Complimentary mimosas on Sunday. Highly recommend. $12 for Sunday buffet, I think $8 for weekday buffet.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat after a long day on the blue ridge parkway. Neither one of us had any experience with Indian food.This was our chance to try something new.The mint at 203 Boone Heights Drive exceeded all of our expectations. We had the chefs special soup for two,the bread was rosemary nann,and we shared daal makhani(lentils) and shrimp tikka masala(fresh jumbo shrimp cooked in cream tomato sauce. Everything is served with rice.Yum Yum . After this experience we will try other ethnic dishes. This was one of the few times we deviated from the standard American fare. Don't miss this

1  Thank Cal1942