“Loved the Lunch Buffet”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were so spoiled by our last Indian Dinner in DC, that we were very cautious going in. We chose to go for lunch and it did not disappoint. The greeting was prompt and our drinks were refilled without asking. The buffet was not huge but had great variety. Awesome for vegetarians and carnivores alike. I loved the naan bread and the mint sauce was the best! Great Bargain for $9. Can't wait to go for dinner.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Went the first week they opened and have been back two other times now in just two weeks time. Had dinner twice and the lunch buffet once. The service is the best in town. I like hot Indian food so I ordered hot the first time but found out they try not to burn you up so the hot to me is mild. The lunch buffet has many Indian favorites. You need to get there before 12:00 so you will not have to stand inline at the buffet. The best thing about the buffet at lunch is the price, only $9.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Went with low expectations for the lunch buffet. I was happily pleased with every bite. Literally everything I had was very good or excellent. I expected everything to kind of taste the same, but the tastes and textures were nicely varied. The price was reasonable, nine dollars weekdays. It was a nice atmosphere, service was spotty and a couple of the guys were really soft spoken and hard to understand. The lunch buffet serving station got moderately messy, but they did finally wipe it up. I am a meat lover, and the vegan dish was maybe my favorite. The dinner prices are a little high, but I'll go back for lunch. Maybe this will make it in the spot that kills all restaurants.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My friends and I came to this place for the first time on a whim, and we were very pleased with the food and staff. I was afraid of Indian food at first because of my sensitivity to spices, but the menu offers a choice of spice levels (mild to very hot). We got a shrimp appetizer that was amazing and the bread was fresh from the oven. The food was very good and plentiful and the staff was attentive. Will be back!