“Awesome doughnut shop” 4 of 5 bubbles

Local Lion
Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Boone
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://mountaintimes.com/columns-eat-beat/articles/Local-Lion-A-Donut-Shop-for-Boone-id-022810
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Awesome doughnut shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

One of my buds picked up doughnuts from here when we rented a house for the weekend. They were some crazy awesome that we went back later that afternoon and again the next day. The simple glazed doughnut was the best.

• Visited November 2013

Va/Nc Border
“Yeah I'll be back....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Local Lion was actually my very first experience setting foot inside any Boone business.....and I will come back. Most coffee places have good coffees but the Lion has an exceptionally friendly staff...I was there on two occasions...interacted with 4 different employees....all very helpful and positive. The space is very cool with tables, sofas, easy wifi internet and electric plugs for my battery-challanged laptop (very much appreciated)...all kinds of local papers and flyers and a case full of good-looking donuts...sorry I didn't get a couple to make this a better review. Bottom line: Convenient location...Great employees...Nice space and Easy wi-fi. The coffees were fine. Those attributes make my day...give them a try....oh and I agree: support local businesses. When in Boone, I'll be back for my caffeine fix!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank matapeake
Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Love the doughnuts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I love doughnuts and supporting local business so when I can combine the two all the better. Picking up a mixed box is the best way to go. Take to co-workers, your favorite service professionals, best doctors office in town, or to a meeting out with other moms.

• Visited September 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
“Cute little place, good donuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This is a cute little family run place. Two women were busy behind the counter and one had her little girl with her. I was greeted promptly even though the drive thru also demanded the lady's attention. I left with a dozen homemade donuts & a coffee. The glaze on the donuts is very sweet but the donut is not. Nice balance in my opinion. My favorite was the orange flavored donut. I paid $17.50. It's a little pricey but it was a special surprise for my daughter & her roommate so it was worth it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent donuts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wish Local Lion was near me. I'd be there every day! With that thought, maybe it's good I only get to go when I'm in Boone.....I'd end up 100 lbs heavier, for sure!

• Visited August 2013