“Overpriced”

Highland Hills Motel & Cabins
“Overpriced”
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night because we were driving the blue ridge parkway.
* wi-fi signal is bad and doesn't work in all rooms
* lot of noise from the street from all the trucks passing by
* we think they put plastic under the sheets of the bed because it gets extremely hot under your hip en we eriks up every couple of hours with a 'burning' hip. They really should do something about it.

We think they are overpriced. It really is budget without breakfast, nothing more.
Their location however is very close to the BRP.

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Ingridlady

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed in #36 where the Loud Go-Cart track that runs all day ruins any experience you may have. The place was a stinky filthy mess!! The drain in the bathtub didn't work. The shower head came up to your nose. Stains on everything. Maids came to clean "case" the joint when I was running errands. They seemed shocked when met by my wife at the door. They wouldn't go in & made her go get the trash bags & bring them to them at the front door as well as go get all the dirty towels & place them in a garbage bag. The porch light was burnt out. Had to walk 2 flights of outside stairs to get to ice machine. Playground is old & unsafe for kids. The yard was littered with cigarettes, random trash and beer bottle caps. The worst is their pedophile maintenance workers that where eyeing my 8 year old niece. Disgusting!! Someone please shut this place down!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank v q

Travelers are raving about these Boone hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The mold odor was so strong that it shocked me when I entered the duplex cabin. My family rented #36 for three nights. My niece has severe allergies, ecxema & Type I diabetes. She was tearfully suffering when I came to visit them from my motel down the street their last night. I sent her to the motel & stayed at this cabin. Unbelievable! I would guess the place is a health hazard. (Other family members had a different cabin which was decent, yet below average.) No view. There is a stream next to it, but you can't hear it for the go-cart track next door which runs from morning til 10 or 11 pm. NOT a mountain retreat.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank 2thgnee
Asheville NC
Reviewed September 13, 2010

OMG!!! This place was absolutely awful. We started to stay here and my granddaughter went into a sneezing fit in our room. The dust was so thick around baseboards, lamp & furniture, she could barely breathe. We checked the sheets and mattresses for bed bugs. We found a dead worm between the mattress and box springs on one of the beds. The mattresses were very stained and worn out. When I called to make the reservations the desk clerk told us they had a pool and it was open. When we arrived it closed that day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank grangersb
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed in a "Weekender Cabin," and it was dirty, old, and entirely unlpeasant. When we pulled out the full-sized sofa bad for the kids, we found that it was dirty and there were only twin sheets. When I asked for appropriately sized sheets, reception told us that it was probaly the best they could do and couldn't we make it work. After one night, we left early in the morning; we would not even take a shower here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank lgunther
JimBoone, Owner at Highland Hills Motel & Cabins, responded to this review, August 9, 2010
I'm sorry lgunther had a poor experience on his family vacation, however I believe he has attributed his review to the incorrect lodging establishment. Hidden Valley Motel does not own or operate any cabins of any sort, only 8 motel rooms. None of our motel rooms contain a sofa bed, couldn't very well of had a sofa bed problem in one of our guest rooms. We have no reception desk and no employees, our office consists of grandma's marble top dresser in the front room of our home, and no one except for Maxine and I to speak to our guests. My attitude is that if something is wrong it must be my fault and I'll try my best to fix it on the spot. Jim
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We booked the 2 queen beds without the fireplace room. The room was huge and it looked the the website,BUT those pictures had to be taken in the late 90's! It looked old and worn. The carpets had stains and holes in it and the wallpaper was peeling on the inner wall. The outer walls were made of logs. I am so glad we had an end unit because when our neighbors came into their room,we could hear them through the walls! It was like they were in the room with us. Every word, was as clear as a bell ( btw, I don't think Bubba would like the bad things you were saying about him!).While the loudmouths were NOT Highland Hills fault, the lack of insulation in the inner walls was their fault . We could also hear the person under us taking a shower at 4 a.m. The bathroom was dated the sound of water running was loud. We had a balcony that had a great view of the mountain, but the outside chairs were filthy and the dirt was an inch thick. There were Cheetos all over the balcony. When I went into the bathoom to get a towel, I was met with a sign that said,"Do not use towels for cleaning or taking off makeup. You WILL be charged for all stains." All I can say about that is unbelievable . So at $134, if you want to stay up all night listening to your neighbors gossip, hear the loud showers that are turned on at all hours and sleep in a dirty room,this place is for you!

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank LaurenSampson
Richmond, VA
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Our family visited Boone to check out Appalachian State for my stepson. We stayed in the Highland Hills "Elkhorn" cabin and had a fantastic experience through and through. At check in, the manager allowed us to upgrade to a large cabin with no issues. The cabin was clean, quiet and convenient to downtown and the college. The cabin had a gas fireplace, cable and wireless service. The cabins are positioned up on a hill so you feel tucked away. We are really hoping our stepson picks App State so we can make this a regular stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family