“Great lunch experience”

Cuisines: American
Description: It may be under Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Description: It may be under Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went here for lunch today, and had a great experience. I ordered rainbow trout with macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and fried okra. Everything was good, especially the trout and the mac 'n cheese, and the biscuits were so fluffy and delicious. The wait staff was great, and our food didn't take long at all coming out even though it was very busy.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

When we were there last time, we wanted to know where Mountain House had moved to. As we found out there had been a lot of other people also wanted to know about the location of Mountain House.
I have eaten at this chain in North Myrtle Beach, Charlotte and other cities. I DO NOT recommend this chain for breakfast ( to get pork sausage patty, you have to order the turkey sausage to get close to the somewhat like taste ).
At Mountain House, the country style steak, country fried steak (with biscuits and extra gravy ) plus the rest of the menu is great!

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress JB was so accommodating and friendly. She even went out of her way to get me a bowl so I could separate my gravy from others at my table (yes, I'm picky). The food was hot and cooked perfectly. We will definitely return on future trips to the area.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wait staff is horrible. Waitress brought us the wrong bill 3 times and the manager was a smartie pants. Very rude and unhelpful. Will never go back!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have enjoyed many meals at Cracker Barrels around the Southeast and most were very good. Today was a bad experience with our breakfast in Boone, NC. We were seated in an upkept area with crumbs and jelly all over the place and about a dozen flies in the window next to us. The people seated at the table by the window finally left because the were constantly having to swat at the flies. I mentioned this before our food came but she did not offer to move us. There were plenty of empty tables. By the time our food arrived, my appetite was ruined. There are many other eating places in Boone that are much cleaner.