“Good, comfortable night's rest”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed June 11, 2007

I just stayed here for one night on business. The bed was extremely comfortable! The room was very clean as well ( and I had occasion to look between the bed and nightstand--no willies there!) This is a great place for a good night sleep and the breakfast bar offerings exceeded my expectations (waffles, eggs, a to-order item, danish, etc.) but I didn't have time to partake of more than very hard boiled eggs. I will definitely stay here again when in the area on business. It's a convenient, affordable, comfortable night's rest. If I'm on holiday, I'll look for more amenities, but this place is great for what it is.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank lunarmodule

Reviewed June 6, 2007

My girlfriend and I went to Boone for a weekend away. The check in was horrible. The girl checking us in was rude and disrespectful. Our wake up call on Saturday and Sunday never came. The maid tried to walk into our room at 900am without knocking on Sunday morning even though the Do Not Disturb sign was up. The check in girl spent most of the weekend sitting on the counter behind the check in.

Stay somewhere else. Look at [--] for better places to stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank etohprn
Reviewed June 1, 2007

We did not expect much from this hotel since the rate we got on the Marriott's website came to $75.00. We stay often as possible at Marriott's hotels because of their non-smoking policy. Our room was on the third (top) floor, very clean with big windows which, unfortunately, we couldn't open. The hotel is removed from the busy street with Applebee's in front of it and on the main street. The room was very clean with comfortable Marriott's bedding and thankfully no more bedspreads. It was a very small room but for such low price we did not expect anything bigger. The lady at the breakfast room was very friendly and busy with her responsibilities but welcomed everyone coming to breakfast. We did not use an indoor swimming pool but I noticed it was very small. It was a wonderful place for an overnight stay before our early hike on Blue Ridge Parkway. It took us only a few minutes to reach the parkway.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank Places
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We stayed there over this past Memorial Day weekend for one night. We stayed on the first floor, in a King Spa room, which has the jetted tub. The king size bed was comfortable room was clean. We traveled with a friend who reserved the same room type, but he ended up moving due to the location. I think it was room #217, but it was the room directly above the front sliding doors, so every time some one came in or left the hotel, you could hear and feel the vibration of the doors opening.

The jetted tub was three sided and you could get two people in there, but you would not both be able to stretch out without one of you putting your legs on top of the other persons legs. It would be fine for one person at a time though. There was a set of louvered doors that were over the tub, that opened up into the main bedroom. Not really sure the purpose of this, except to maybe be able to sit in the tub, open the doors and watch the TV.

The room was a little noisy from people upstairs, since it's a hotel with wooden floor joists instead of a high rise built out of concrete. You sould hear every step of people walking back and forth across the floor, but this is somewhat typical of this hotel design. I recommend staying on the top floor ot eliminate this noise if it bothers you. I think the people above us had kids, who kept running back and forth across the room.

Breakfast was fine for us, but the breakfast area is small, compared to the number of guests who can stay there, so eat early or they provide trays where you could take it back to your room. They have typical coffee & juice machine. They also had a self serve frig with small Rudy Farm sausage & bisquits. You could heat these up in the microwave. There was also yogurt and two kinds of cereal & milk. There was also a make your own waflle area too, so that was good.

Overall, I would stay there again, but try for upper floor as I prefer my room to be relatively quiet. The staff was friendly and the arear around the hotel was kept clean.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2006

the place was very clean but our room was very noisy. our wall is shared by the public bathrooms for the conference rooms. so we could hear all the flushes and when they set up the room we could hear the moving everything around. at 7am in the morning. not fun for vacation. but the breakfast was great. very clean place. just do not stay in rooms next to the conference rooms.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank me11111
Reviewed July 4, 2006

We loved this Inn. It was clean, staff was wonderful. Loved being in the room. Great location. Very nice breakfast. Very quiet. The price is a tad high, but was so worth it. Just to have clean sheets encasing the blanket and a stylish, modern, bright room was worth paying the price.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Judy_Ann
Reviewed June 20, 2006

This is a a great hotel. There are plenty of restaurants, grocery stores and other conveniences within walking distance and nearby. Upon check-in Stacy was pleasant and accomodating despite the rude man who interrupted and she had to deal with him. My smoking room wasn't available however I got an upgraded room which was sweet. My room was large, clean - actually immaculate, with nice touches such as recessed lighting, dimmer switches, planters, etc. The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2006