“clean, comfortable, quiet and reasonably priced”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Rooms are clean, comfortable and reasonably priced (at least through Priceline.com). Another reviewer said that the rooms were quite dated, but I did not find this to be the case. Good free full breakfast including hot (scrambled eggs, waffles) and cold items. Friendly staff. Will likely stay here again. Our room was quiet at night- may have helped that we stayed on top (3rd) floor, so no one above us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lee r

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a hotel in a pretty nice location and popular spot since it is a college town. We used our points so as far as expense I have no idea what it costs. We ended up in a DOUBLE bed, make no mistake, sometimes places say double bed and have queens...not here, they say double and mean double bed. They were out of kings, and we usually sleep in a queen so it isn't like we are used to some huge bed. Our room was clean and so was our kids (we had an adjoining room) and the bathroom was clean too. Breakfast was pretty busy for 7am (though maybe I am used to 6:30, but the sign says on the weekends 7am) and by 8am it had died down. Plenty to eat, didn't see them run out of anything. Nice selcetion of waffles, eggs, sausage, juices, coffee, milk, yogurt, 4 cereals (kids and adult), toast, muffins bread, instant oatmeal and fruit.
As is typical of every hotel we stay it they provide you with a SHEET AND COMFORTER, maybe we are hot sleepers but I hate it, a sheet isn't enough and the comforter is too much! Wouldn't be so bad if they had a blanket in the closet but of course not.

Room Tip: This hotel sits back off the main road, so noise shouldn't be an issue in any room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Great place to stay we had the king bed with livingroom and sofa two TVs micro wave, fridge, coffee pot, less than two miles from tweetise, mystery hill, outdoor theater, Daniel Boone inn, applebee and chilis in the parking lot

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Fairfield Boone is a good choice if you want a central location near to the Mall and restaurants for a short stop. The rooms were clean but quite dated and certainly not as I would have expected based on the price for the area. The staff were very friendly.

Breakfast was free but not great, cereals and hot choices available but the area was not kept very tidy or replenished - the lady looking after the breakfast area seemed more interested talking to the guy on reception and I think I was somewhat of an inconvenience to her when I had to approach reception to ask about replenishing bowls & cutlery!

Overall it was fine and would stay there again if needed to stop in Boone. The Applebees next door was great and as always good value food for a chain restaurant and open late after a long day driving the Blue Ridge Parkway!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracy_Greg
Reviewed July 15, 2013

These were the positives of the Fairfield Inn in Boone. As someone else mentioned in their review, I am not sure why this is a level 4 (on Marriott rewards program). It really should be lower. Unlike some other Fairfield Inns we have stayed in, this one had double beds, as opposed to queens. The rooms seem small to me. Our family of 4, with two teens, would not have fit comfortably in this room. (This is why I mention this -- it was perfectly fine for the two of us.)

The front desk help was fabulous and went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast area was packed and I only saw one worker. Clearly, more staff was needed. The breakfast was good but she was simply overwhelmed.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lastminutemom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel it is similar to a Hampton Inn. They are very hospitable and serve freshly baked cookies at the receptionist desk. There was also free coffee available black, decaf and caffeine. I really enjoyed how quiet the lobby was as well. It is very refreshing to walk into a hotel that does not have a password for their internet. Everyone seemed to be considerate of each other by keeping the noise down in the hallways. The hotel has a small pool and a small gym. The gym had two great treadmills and an elliptical. The room was very cool and clean which makes it very easy to exercise in. Based on the lobby and gym I had high expectations for the rooms. My expectations were meet. My room was very comfortable. However, I did not like the fact that we could not control our own AC that is the only thing I would like to see change a bit. People need to be able to control their AC because we all have different comfort levels. Breakfast was spectacular. My 20 colleagues and I had plenty of fresh warm food. The food was hot because the cooks kept coming out and replenishing everything.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JamilaAbril
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here with my college internship program group and I have only one word to describe my stay: "enjoyable". The service was good and it was easy to receive my room key for the night. When you walk into the hotel it is very nice and the lobby area is displayed with soft couches to relax, HDTV's, a breakfast area, and computers with high speed internet for access.

Inside the room the beds were pretty comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. There is also a table and chair where you can complete any work that you may have. Overall, the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Boone is a very nice hotel. I recommend it to anyone staying in Boone and needs relaxation after your travels.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business