“Great staff and clean property”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Boone
ATL
“Great staff and clean property”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

These were the positives of the Fairfield Inn in Boone. As someone else mentioned in their review, I am not sure why this is a level 4 (on Marriott rewards program). It really should be lower. Unlike some other Fairfield Inns we have stayed in, this one had double beds, as opposed to queens. The rooms seem small to me. Our family of 4, with two teens, would not have fit comfortably in this room. (This is why I mention this -- it was perfectly fine for the two of us.)

The front desk help was fabulous and went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast area was packed and I only saw one worker. Clearly, more staff was needed. The breakfast was good but she was simply overwhelmed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lastminutemom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel it is similar to a Hampton Inn. They are very hospitable and serve freshly baked cookies at the receptionist desk. There was also free coffee available black, decaf and caffeine. I really enjoyed how quiet the lobby was as well. It is very refreshing to walk into a hotel that does not have a password for their internet. Everyone seemed to be considerate of each other by keeping the noise down in the hallways. The hotel has a small pool and a small gym. The gym had two great treadmills and an elliptical. The room was very cool and clean which makes it very easy to exercise in. Based on the lobby and gym I had high expectations for the rooms. My expectations were meet. My room was very comfortable. However, I did not like the fact that we could not control our own AC that is the only thing I would like to see change a bit. People need to be able to control their AC because we all have different comfort levels. Breakfast was spectacular. My 20 colleagues and I had plenty of fresh warm food. The food was hot because the cooks kept coming out and replenishing everything.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JamilaAbril
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here with my college internship program group and I have only one word to describe my stay: "enjoyable". The service was good and it was easy to receive my room key for the night. When you walk into the hotel it is very nice and the lobby area is displayed with soft couches to relax, HDTV's, a breakfast area, and computers with high speed internet for access.

Inside the room the beds were pretty comfortable and the bathroom was spacious. There is also a table and chair where you can complete any work that you may have. Overall, the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Boone is a very nice hotel. I recommend it to anyone staying in Boone and needs relaxation after your travels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JWIllis82
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This is an older hotel, with the heat/air units in the window, not central. Cleanliness was really good although there was an intermittent "funky" odor in the room. The staff were all friendly and accommodating although the breakfast ladies had a hard time keeping up on Saturday morning but this seemed due to more of a lack of proper facilities rather than hard work on their part. The pool was mini with no hot tub.

• Stayed June 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here with our grandson and found this Fairfield Inns & Suites to be a lower quality than others. We arrived an hour before the check-in time and our room was not ready. While they offered to put us in a different room, they couldn't move the mini-fridge that we had requested to the new room. So we waited in the breakfast room until it was ready. Once we got to our room, the entrance light to the room wouldn't come on. The engineer played with light switch and eventually it came on; the next day it took a good 5 minutes for the light to come on. The complimentary breakfast did not have breakfast sandwiches to heat or already prepared oatmeal - I had to use the instant oatmeal. Also the bananas were overripe. The staff at Fairfield was very nice. The motel is convenient to restaurants, drug stores and about 4 miles away from the Tweetsie Railroad and 5 miles from the Tanger Outlets. If you can, request an upper floor as our room on the 1st floor could hear all of the footsteps above us. The room was clean.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Berea, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

ocated downtown in Boone, NC near restaurants,gas stations and activities, Fairfield Suites is an ideal location for you to rest your head after a long travel. The concierge service was friendly and it offered a scanner and printer to complete business tasks and the lobby was large and adequate for the jobs you had. Walking into the rooms you will be enlightened with a great feel to the room. The colors were moderate and light toned and it really had a great schematic. It felt enlightening, when you walk into the bathroom you will see a large open space that is great. This hotel offered a larger than normal bathroom and that is always great. The beds were a bit small and not as comfortable as hotel beds I have been in before, but they were still warm and inviting. I would recommend this establishment to anyone traveling through Boone, especially if you are looking for a good breakfast in the morning when you wake up, it was very filling with a good variety of foods to choose from. Great place and wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Choose one closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Berea, Kentucky
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The Fairfield Inn & Suites was definitely a nice and clean accommodation for my stay in Boone, North Carolina. Both the bed and bathroom was very clean and well set-up as my roommate and I really enjoyed finding the towel swan in the bathroom! They have very accessible WiFi, a decent breakfast set-up, and a small fitness area. The only issue I really had with the place is that a large majority of the rooms are pretty far from the elevator, so if you have heavy bags to carry, it makes it pretty difficult to make it to your room easily.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business