“Great Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I've stayed at this Marriott property before several years ago, and was pleased to find that it is still in excellent condition - clean and comfortable - and the staff is excellent! The front desk attendants were not just friendly, but very helpful about things to do, see, and places to eat in the area. Each one of them seemed very proud to be from Boone, and enjoyed helping guests.

I believe that the breakfast area at this hotel is the cleanest I've ever seen in any Fairfield Inn. Each morning, I saw the same lady diligently working to keep the breakfast items well stocked, and at the same time, continuously cleaning the public area as well as the kitchen area. You can tell she loves her job and really takes pride in it!

My room was large and comfortable. I'll definitely stay here again for future stays!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank StevenVA

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for one night recently. I made reservations online, sight unseen and location unfamiliar. It was a little difficult to find, as it sits back from the road behind restaurants, but its location was convenient to a lot of shops and places to eat, as well as to both Boone and Blowing Rock. When we first checked in they offered me a choice of floors. However, when we got up to our room, the bathroom smelled TERRIBLY of smoke (2nd floor). I checked to make sure and all rooms are labeled non-smoking, so we were surprised. I called down to the desk to tell them and asked to be moved to another room. First, she tried to tell me they were all booked up, when just minutes before I'd had my choice of rooms. Then, she offered me a discount instead, which was nice, but seeing as we are both allergic to smoke, we really wanted to change rooms. After a pause and obvious sigh, she said we could switch rooms (with no discount of course). The new room was perfect (1st floor). The bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom were clean and most importantly, nothing smelled like smoke:)

Room Tip: I did notice that people go outside to smoke in the back of the hotel, near the pool, so maybe a roo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MLong31
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Making our reservations for a family gathering was difficult beyond reason. Only by talking to the manager could we (most of us) get our reservations correct. And then, at check out, at least two of us were over-charged. It's a good thing we checked our receipts. The desk staff seemed very ill-prepared for the job and not especially friendly. On the other hand, the hotel itself was clean, quiet and nice. The beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast had a nice selection and we could eat outside if we chose to. So if it weren't for the desk staff, this would have received an "excellent" rating from us.

Room Tip: A friend was upgraded to a suite. We liked our double room much better. It was brighter and easier t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ZooVol
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed one night recently on a business trip. I stayed the prior night at the Fairfield Inn by the G-boro, NC airport. The G-boro airport Fairfield was nicer in my opinion, but this was also a good Fairfield, The TV was a bit smaller than the G-boro Fairfield's TV. And the front desk clerks (App State students I assume) were a large step down from the G-boro clerk. They were not very welcoming. This Fairfield did have a workout room, even though there were just 3 peices of equipment - stairmaster, treadmill and bike (i think). They also had a small indoor pool. It is surrouded by restaurants - Chick-fil-a, Chili's, Japanese Steakhouse, etc. The room was fine - just standard stuff. Breakfast also was standard. Price was less than $100. So overall it was a good value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hilburno
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This Fairfiled Inn was excellent with very good facilities(rooms,etc.). Pool area wasn't the greatest, but all other amenities were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is the best Fairfield Inn I have stayed at and I have stayed at very many thru out the U.S.
The bedding is on par with most of the full service Marriotts. The lobby was very nice and it had two computers with free internet. the breakfast area was very clean and decorated very nice like a ski lodge. The attendant was awesome.
Very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our family of four recently stayed at this hotel. We had two rooms and they were very nice and clean. The staff was very friendly, professional and helpful. The location is great right between Boone and Blowing Rock with easy access to both. Complimentary continental style breakfast make this hotel a good value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family