“Great place to stay.”
Review of Courtyard Boone

Courtyard Boone
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located near the campus of Appalachian State and very close to many restaurants, shopping & other great attractions in Boone and the surrounding cities.
Room, lobby and the rest of the hotel is very clean. Staff was very polite and helpful.
The Starbucks in the lobby was a big plus.
Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 28, 2013

on business trip to boone nc found this new courtyard was very well pleased. since it is less than year the room s were very modern. I like the big bath room without tub and huge walk in shower. also another nice touch the desk had a pull out table that nice touch. only 2 minor draw backs no free coffee in lobby for u starbuck fans there is 1 lobby but I don't like there coffee at all too strong and besides I don't pay 5 bucks for cup of coffee. other thing was hot tub was cool but was told at front desk someone had turn off main switch by mistake.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2013

While a bit pricey relative to other nearby hotels, this Courtyard provided excellent service and was exceptionally clean. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the mini-fridge was an unexpected bonus. I experienced a minor problem (broken hair dryer), but it was resolved very quickly and the staff member who handled it was apologetic and helpful. The location is convenient to shopping, restaurants, and Appalachian State. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We booked at stay a this location for a one night stay prior to a day of skiing at Appalachian Ski Mountain. This Courtyard is 5 minutes from downtown and less than 15 minutes from Appalachian Ski Mountain. The hotel staff was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. We stayed in a double queen suite which also had a pull out sofa. Great space, very clean and very comfortable beds. Indoor pool is perfect for a quick swim and the indoor hot tub is nice too. Breakfast was also included in our rate and was pretty good. Food was served quickly.
Only negative to our stay was that our room was on the third floor above the main entry, and seemed a bit noisy, which could have been our immediate neighbor more than the parking lot out front. Will stay here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel would be quieter than above the front entrance of hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank journeysaboundtravel
Reviewed March 4, 2013

If you are not getting one of the fabulous home rentals in Boone, the Marriott Courtyard is probably one of the newer hotels to choose from in Boone. Great location, not far from the slopes or the campus if you are visiting ASU. The lobby is fantastic, lots of comfortable sitting areas and tables centered around a small cafe where you can purchase food, beverages, and Starbucks. Staff is friendly, and the work out and pool area is typical of a Courtyard- pool may even have a larger area than most. Our room was very spacious, offered a small frig, and a closet area to keep those winter coats out of the way. The bed was comfortable enough, however one of the two had sheets that were questionably fresh. Bathroom, also spacious, was clean enough - the cleaning staff missed a used wash cloth hanging from the shower head though. When we were watching TV in the evening it was obvious a small child hand been there previously and had greasy hands. We will likely give it another go if we need to do a quick over night stay, as the selection in Boone is limited.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank wendrawoman
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Was in Boone on business and stayed one night. In the middle of everything in Boone. Staff was professional and helpful. Room was modern,clean and quiet. Had to check out before they started serving breakfast in cafe.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sonja M
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked a room here for my son's audition to the School of Music at App State after seeing the reviews here on TripAdvisor. Although I wanted to book 2 separate rooms, the rates were a little pricey for Boone, so I settled on a King room suite with a separate living room and sofabed for my son. This turned out to be the best value for us. When I called on Monday to confirm my reservation for Friday that week with Thomas at the front desk, I asked if this room would fit my requests of a high floor in a quiet part of the hotel (which to me means away from the elevator and vending machines). Thomas informed me that all of the King room suites are on either side of the elevator, but there are linen closets next to the elevator on both sides between the elevator and the suites. He did put us in a suite on the top floor, so I held my breath and hoped it would work out. Upon check-in, we were very pleased with the condition of the hotel overall, and especially with the room, which was very comfortable. I was a little annoyed, however, that we were placed in the suite that had the ice machine just outside the door, and not in the one on the opposite side of the elevator which would have completely fit my request of high floor and away from the vending machines. This didn't turn out to be a big problem, though, since our neighbors didn't seem to need much ice, and we weren't disturbed by the noise of the machine running. I should also note that both of these King suites on each floor are at the front of the hotel, so you will hear the road noise from the highway in front of the hotel. This wasn't too bad when we were there, but it snowed both nights so traffic probably wasn't as heavy as it might be.

The reason I only gave it 4 stars is because the redesign of these Courtyards has removed the full-service restaurant they all used to have. Previously, you would have a choice of a buffet for a flat $10/pp or you could order off the menu, and the selections for both were very good. I made the mistake of taking the "breakfast for two" rate, which adds $20/night and provides breakfast for 2 adults. When we checked in I noticed the new coffee-bar (called "the bistro") and asked about our included breakfast. It turns out your selections are very limited now, with either a breakfast sandwich, omelette, or scrambled eggs. You can also have cereal, fruit, or oatmeal, as well as a couple other light choices, but the included breakfast is either one hot item or two cold items (not any other combination) along with coffee/tea/juice, but NOT the Starbucks coffee. I found this very limited, and when we had breakfast the next morning we found it was not very good either. Two things make this even worse:

1) I noticed that the same choices we were given for the included breakfast would have cost us $10/pp if we did not have breakfast included in the rate, which means there is no advantage to paying for it up front. There should be a discounted rate offered for buying the breakfast with the room.

2) Because my son didn't qualify for the free breakfast (under 12 only), he decided to go to the diner down the street where he found great food, great selections, and diner pricing ($5-$7 depending on what you choose). Had we not already paid for the breakfast at the Courtyard, my wife and I would have done the same thing. We ordered take-out from this diner for our 2nd night and it was fantastic (cost $30 for 3, including desserts!).

As we drove home, we talked about trying the Hampton Inn across the street if we need to come back again (assuming the rates are better - if the rates are the same we would probably just book the room at the Courtyard but not have breakfast).

Room Tip: If you need a King suite, ask for the one that doesn't have the ice machine outside the door...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 57j2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boone
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone
#4 of 18 in Boone
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Boone
Baymont Inn & Suites Boone Near APP State

Been to Courtyard Boone? Share your experiences!