“Upscale Courtyard”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Boston Area
“Upscale Courtyard”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a new Courtyard and it was very fresh. It was also teeming with business meeting folks who thought they owned the front desk area. Brittany was on the desk 2 October when we checked in for one night. She was especially helpful with suggestions about our ongoing travel down the Blue Ridge parkway. Room was very nice and on the front of the hotel, but it was a little noisy for my taste. In fairness, the traffic quits about 10pm. Breakfast was great and the staff very attentive. I recommend the oatmeal and the muffins. At arrival parking was a problem apparently because of the meeting population. Every slot was filled and I was not comfortable parking next door at another business. After dinner I was able to get a slot with Brittany's help.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
NC
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my first stay at a Courtyard Marriott. We received a discounted rate connected with an ASU event and stayed only one night. It is very convenient to the campus, especially the stadium. Hotel was clean, nicely decorated, and staff was friendly. I found it a little disturbing that the lounge/bar/cafe area was open to the front desk/lobby and would like to have seen some separation. Other reviewers have stated that they liked this arrangement, so YMMV. Three of us stayed in a 2nd floor room with a king bed & pullout sleeper sofa. The room was small, but comfortable. I was very disappointed that, even though our reservation was for 3 people, the sleeper sofa was not already made up. The linens were conveniently located in a bureau drawer, but I had to call the desk to find out where they were and then make up the sleeper bed ourselves after a long day of traveling. It should have been made up before our arrival, as at other hotel chains we've used. If I reserve this room arrangement with this chain again, I will make sure to add a request that the sleeper bed be made up before our arrival and see what happens. But no one should not have to ask or make up their own beds at a hotel. I was also disturbed that the head of the bed was against the bathroom wall where shower plumbing was located. Late into the night I was kept awake by the noise of water trickling through the pipes. I don't know if this is common for the king bed rooms or just the room we had. Otherwise, the room was very quiet, the bed comfortable, and I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Ask them to have the sleeper sofa made up before your arrival if you will be using it. Stay on a hig...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This courtyard is the best courtyards I have ever stayed in. Seriously. New generation buildout with great lobby. Not just the new bistro lobby but a full comfortable multi section Lobby.

Awesome staff and very helpful front desk man at the helm last wed night.

Rooms were flawless and actually won over a Hilton honors member to Marriott.

Amazing wine shop next door and cool bar down the road.

1 mile to downtown.

Seriously. Great hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Db0340
Michigan
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I am agreement with a prior review that notes Courtyards have become overpriced for what they are. I also agree that this particular new Courtyard is a nicer place than the typical Courtyard. The desk clerk checking us in was friendly and helpful - very professional. The room was newish and quite nice. The bed was very comfortable.

We did not use the lobby bistro in this Marriott so we cannot comment. I am not sure there are as many parking places as there are rooms and this Courtyard seems to be in a heavy traffic area so getting in and out of the parking lot could be slightly problematic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dave62
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I used to stay at Courtyard often - they were a good value and nice facility. But over time I've found them to become dated and overpriced, cutting back on amenities, uncomfortable mattresses/bedding, cramped quarters. The one in Boone, however, was a favorable exception. Not sure if it is a new design, but the lobby was spacious, the room furnishings made sense, the bed was comfy (could still use better pillows), and the property was clean and well kept. The new refreshment cafe was handy, and served good food in a pinch or for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ShoppinPoppins
Maryland
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Loved this new hotel. Right in the middle of town. Hubby and I had a wonderful stay in this college town. Indoor pool and hot tub was so nice - though pool a little small. Did not experience the food in the hotel -- wanted to enjoy the town. Visited Boone, NC late in the Summer so as not to hit the crowds. Will definitely choose Courtyard / Boone, NC again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GailMaryland
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a relatively new property...new (to me) key card to open doors...I always ask for a room on a high floor...however at this hotel there is only ONE elevator for the entire hotel. Whoever is in charge of design was too focused on cutting construction dollars...and, the elevator is slow...again, a cost issue. Something about the way the doors close causes them to "slam" shut..so you can hear the doors from next door(s) and across the hall noisly closing when guests enter and leave...but other than that, I thought the location was great; I did not use the bistro, but heard other guests complain about service there--while that's a matter of training, there are enough other reviews on here critical of the same thing that it makes me wonder if management at this particular hotel is paying attention to detail. Would I stay here again and recommend it...Yes, because I'm a big Marriott fan...great value and consistent quality. Asking for a room in the back will also get you the garbage truck banging around very early in the morning--so pick your poison--But, it's nice and clean and has location, location, location for Boone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo