Courtyard Boone
Sleep Inn Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
$61
SleepInn
LaQuinta Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
$94
Holiday Inn Express Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
$94
Quality Inn & Suites University(Boone)(Great Value!)
$67
$62
QualityInn
Comfort Suites(Boone)(Great Value!)
$98
$77
Country Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
$84
Hampton Inn & Suites Boone(Boone)(Great Value!)
$110
$101
Hampton.com
$107
$89
Groupon.com
Lovill House Inn(Boone)(Great Value!)
$179
Orbitz.com
All reviewsstarbucks coffeefire pitfront desknewer hotelwalk in showerbeautiful hotelstayed here for one nightking roompull out couchcomplimentary breakfasthot tubbreakfast sandwichwould stay here againa wonderful stayappalachian statecollege townsitting area
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is a relatively new property...new (to me) key card to open doors...I always ask for a room on a high floor...however at this hotel there is only ONE elevator for the entire hotel. Whoever is in charge of design was too focused on cutting construction dollars...and, the elevator is slow...again, a cost issue. Something about the way the doors close causes them to "slam" shut..so you can hear the doors from next door(s) and across the hall noisly closing when guests enter and leave...but other than that, I thought the location was great; I did not use the bistro, but heard other guests complain about service there--while that's a matter of training, there are enough other reviews on here critical of the same thing that it makes me wonder if management at this particular hotel is paying attention to detail. Would I stay here again and recommend it...Yes, because I'm a big Marriott fan...great value and consistent quality. Asking for a room in the back will also get you the garbage truck banging around very early in the morning--so pick your poison--But, it's nice and clean and has location, location, location for Boone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

By far the best hotel in Boone. We've stayed at the Fairfield and the Holiday Inn Express and both are okay but the Courtyard is excellent. No free breakfast but Stickboy Bread is close by and excellent. Free coffee in lobby or you can pay for Starbucks. Can't beat the location for its access to ASU either.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in a king room. The room itself was lovely, and very clean: high quality bedding, extra pillows, a small comfortable sofa, coffee table, desk, chair, stand alone closet/armoire, and free wifi. The bathroom had a decent-sized shower (no tub), and nice amenities. A small refrigerator and in-room coffee maker were a convenient addition. Our room faced the highway and the road noise was a slight nuisance (ask for a room facing the back). More of a nuisance were the children in the room next to us. Three small kids, with parents who obviously didn't care if the kids screamed, ran, and hollered. We actually thought they were in the hallway running up and down, so my husband got out of bed, got dressed, and went out to ask them to pipe down only to discover they were actually in the room next door, not in the hallway. There were quite a few children in hotel, and I'm wondering if perhaps in the future management could assign rooms to couples with small children all on the same floor as to not disturb other patrons.

The lobby area was also very nice (inside, and outside in the back). Lots of small vignettes to sit and have a drink, coffee, or just meet other guests. Very posh. Some areas included private TVs which was nice. There is one large interactive LED screen which posts weather and other reports of the areas, also complimentary computers. Very nice.

The negatives (other than the screaming children which I understand is sometimes out of control of the hotel) include the elevator. There is only one, for four floors, and it was very slow. Speaking of slow.... there is a nice Starbucks coffee bar and "bistro" in the lobby. The first morning, between the slow elevator and the extremely slow and disinterested baristas it took just over 25 minutes to get from my room on the fourth floor down to the lobby, order one latte, and get back up to my room. Unacceptable. The second morning I took the stairs down four flights only to once again be confronted by untrained workers behind the coffee bar. Finally, a lovely manager-type lady (who actually CARED that I had been waiting 10 minutes for my latte after I ordered it) stepped in and offered to personally make my coffee so I could get the heck out of there and start the day (I had not complained but she noticed that I had been standing there, waiting, and waiting). Hotel staff need to ramp up on their training, and front desk clerks also need to be trained in recommending local restaurants and sight-seeing opportunities. We asked one clerk for his recommendation for dinner and ended up at very sub-par Mexican joint in a strip mall (four of us dined together, and all had the same opinion).

All in all, lovely rooms, lovely common areas, and close proximity to what Boone and the surrounding areas have to offer, As a newer hotel, management just needs to step things up a bit, hopefully they'll get there.

Room Tip: Request a room in the back of the hotel to reduce road noise.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chargad
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Wonderful new hotel in Boone with all the modern conveniences for any type of traveler - business, family, etc. The rooms are very large, clean and the beds are extremely comfortable! I particularly liked the large bathrooms with walk in showers. Free wireless internet worked perfectly. Service was excellent as well, everyone at the front desk and in the Bistro were very friendly in the true Marriott fashion. There is a nice steakhouse right across the street too that you can walk to. I would stay at this hotel again for my next trip to Boone!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dana S
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I are staying 3 nights here using Rewards points. Most Courtyards are nice but this one is exceptional. I did read many of the reviews before booking. We checked in yesterday afternoon and the process took no more than 5 minutes.

The hotel lobby is large with higher end modern furniture. There is a huge lounge in the back, overlooking an outdoor fire pit with seating around it. Within the lounge are quiet areas with generous seating to read or watch a large flat screen tv, plus a large work space with computers and comfortable desk chairs. Towards the front of the lobby is a lovely eating area with an open bar like area to order food. Meals are cooked to order and the breakfasts are fantastic with generous portions.

A word about the elevator, which I read from other reviews as being "slow". when we checked in, the lobby was nearly empty and the elevator arrived promptly and took us to the 3rd floor quickly. I think it may have seemed slow to people when there were numerous guests all trying to use it a the same time. In the morning it can get busy.

Our King room was just fabulous. It was very spacious, the decor was modern and well thought out, with a nice rust and red color scheme. We love the modern wooden wall unit that houses the desk, clothing and drawers. there is also a lovely wet bar area with mini fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom had a huge glass walk in shower with a nice wide spray water nozzle. A hair dryer is provided.

About the driveway into the note: Some reviews said it was difficult to enter and exit. If you are coming into the driveway from the big intersection, you can easily turn right into the drive. When you exit, turn right ( going towards Valle Crucis) and get in the left lane at the stop light. Turn left here and it will take you to the Mall where you can make a left and go up to the main road (421) . This is the easy way back to downtown Boone. Although, this morning we were able to make a left turn out of the hotel with no difficulty.

I can't say enough good things about the hotel experience. There is also an indoor pool and jacuzzi, which we plan on using tonight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 1st floor on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family