“Bed bugs!!!”

Red Carpet Inn Boone
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boone
Red Carpet Inn Boone
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Boone
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Do not stay at this place I got ate up by bed bugs!!!! We were there one hour and they were crawling all over the bed!!! Huge bugs!!! Needless to say we left immediately and will never return!!! The water was either cold or hot couldn't even take a shower! Stains on the sheets and comforters. The worst hotel I've ever been in!!

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank Mrstessaterry

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The Red Carpet Inn is NOT the best place in town. I didn't expect it to be. It's older and, to a large extent, in need of MAJOR overhaul (find some investors!!). The location of Red Carpet is absolutely PERFECT for a variety of reasons (convenience to downtown Boone, access to the ASU campus, and proximity to all points of interest North and South (as well as East and West).

After I registered as a guest and had an opportunity to spend some time in my room, I was not very happy with the price I had paid. First, there was no toilet paper in the bathroom. Then I discovered that the hot water was cold. The television images were full of static and green. And the air conditioner didn't work! I grew angry and decided I either wanted another room or my money back. So, I went to speak with the front office.

What I encountered there was the most gracious and caring response to a really tense situation. After a short while, I was given a new, beautiful room with all the amenities of the best hotels in town. I was totally thrilled. And I was very thankful to the owner/operator for recognizing my displeasure and responding to it. The management of the Red Carpet Inn is for for the job.....she just needs some assistance upgrading he facility.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the building closest to the road (Hwy 321)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WJVNRAL
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We got a nonsmoking suite, and there were cigarette burns on the walls, thru the bedspread, sheets, and pillows. The floor was absolutely disgusting, the refrigerator was older than me, there were prostitutes and people doing drugs in the back parking lot....I could go on and on...we called around and there were no vacancies anywhere around or we would have checked out immediately....I felt like we needed to go have shots when we checked out....LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKE!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Allison T
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is a dump we had blood on the pillow sheets.The plastic on the bed is enough to stay away Tried to go to the front and get it resolved and the response I got was I guess you room got used and because we have Mexican maids they don't understand English so your room got skipped Please stay away

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank wewafinest
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here while on vacation in Boone. Location is great but that doesn't change the fact that this place is dirty. Our room was decent. Microwave didn't work and the room smelled very musty. However, I would say our room was cleaner than the others (room 110). Shower was clean and TV came in good. Water pressure is poor. Overall the Red Carpet Inn is exactly what you pay for...cheap

• Stayed: October 2013
Thank JeffreySauerJr.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

10 - 26 - 13 On the yuck factor 1 - 10...... this is a 15..!!!!!!!!!

Read all the reviews before staying here.

This is the nastiest dilapidated room I have ever stayed in. The room had a musty old dirty cigarette smell. We had to go to K-Mart to buy air freshener and a portable heater. Carpet was not red but filthy grey stained and burnt with cigarette holes, sheets and blanket also burnt with cigarette holes. For a non-smoking room.
There were roach or ant traps behind the head of the bed along with a dirty sock.
It was freezing in the room and no knobs on the a/c - heater unit. With the pliers from my car when turned on was NO heat just cool musty air. This place need to be updated.
The door had a flimsy lock and handle. Which you could see light through. Had to use a chair to secure the knob before turning in. The scariest thing is the drug deals and drunk people standing and walking back and forth outside our door. Falling into the door in the drunk. People banging on the door and windows, yelling and cursing. After 2 calls to the front desk to complain with no satisfaction and getting worse after my first call. My Third call was to the police ( who had had many complaints in the past) only with the threat of everyone going to jail, and two drug arrests did it quiet down.

Room Tip: There are not any find some where else to stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte28128
Reviewed August 20, 2013

the red carpet inn was dirty the room... the door knob was very loose... the toilet seat was broken, the water pressure was the worst anywhere around... called the desk the maintenance said this was normal because boone, n.c wants to save on it's water use. you need supply and volume before it can used ..never got hot enough to take shower.. faucets barely came out.... good luck to all....I hope they fix these problems soon...this is a nice area,,, the lady inside was very nice... miss nicole

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family