“Couldn't ask for any better.”

Quality Inn & Suites University
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Boone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Fantastic water pressure and whirlpool tub filled extremely fast. The room was comfortable and clean, and the hotel staff was very polite. Couldn't ask for any better. Exactly what I have come to expect from Best Western.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank JAMES A
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. We appreciate your kind words and it helps to reinforce all the hard work that our employees put in to make sure that each one of our guests has a enjoyable stay. We love to hear when our guests are happy. Again thank you, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Boone.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Stayed at the BW Plus Blue Ridge a little over a year after my first visit. This time with my husband. Got a room with a gas fireplace and king bed. Love the welcoming warmth and ambience of the fireplace...at the flip of a switch! No in-room spa tub, but the room was very spacious and the bathroom was also super roomy. Everything was very clean and very comfortable. Couldn't be more pleased with the condition of the hotel and our room. Maria in reception was very friendly and helpful, and the new person handling the breakfast was also super nice. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Our room (king and gas fireplace) on the second floor facing the mountains was very quiet and comfor...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank summercamper
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review on tripadvisor. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza. I will be sure to pass along your comments to each one of our staff, so that they know that the guests appreciate their hard work. Again thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Blue Ridge Plus Blue Ridge Plaza

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice this fall within weeks of each other. Since I was pretty happy the first time when I went back a few weeks later I didn't consider staying anywhere else. I called the hotel directly at 9am and made a reservation. Without getting into all the details, when I arrived at 6 p.m. they not only couldn't find my reservation I was lucky to get a room at all as they only had six rooms left! I called the hotel directly to avoid just such a snafu and talked to the man on duty quite a while discussing my options. They apologized, just as I'm sure they would have had I arrived 30 minutes later and not had a room, but after traveling all day this situation is unacceptable. I have nothing bad to say about the hotel itself or the staff for that matter, except for the snafu. The hotel is beautiful, very clean and the staff very friendly. Many have mentioned how hard it is to find or get to the hotel, I had no problem just turned at the sign. It's on a hill and you come in behind it and drive around front. For the money though there are better choices in Boone. The small breakfast area and the breakfast of pastries and microwave biscuits could be better. Things like the TV's could be upgraded. I know these things are picking nits but all things being equal it's the little things that make you spend your money at one place over another. Also except for the Country Inn next door most hotels are located about a mile away in another part of Boone surrounded by numerous restaurants. Many in walking distance of the hotels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kahuna51
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property and I want to apologize for the problems that you encountered on your last visit with us. We use your reviews so that we can work to make our hotel a better place for all of our guests. We will be upgrading our TVS soon and we are looking at other choices for our breakfast bar as well. I sincerely do apologize and I hope that you will give us another chance the next you are in Boone.

Thanks,

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We have stayed at this Hotel twice and had great service both times. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good and the staff most friendly and helpful. They have a nice indoor pool and the suite we stayed in had a jacuzzi which was also nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DreamingNC
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our hotel. We love to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We strive very hard to make sure that each and every one guest is happy and will always return to see us. I will make sure to pass your review on to each of our employees so thank you again. And I hope to have your stay here at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The welcome upon arriving by the front desk person was appreciated, she was both efficient and helpful regarding area attractions and restaurants. Our room was everything that we expected. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank jmcan
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you from the entire staff here at the the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza Plus for taking the time to review your stay with us. We truly do appreciate your kind words and are very happy that your stay was wonderful. Thank you again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed one night and found this Best Western a pleasant surprise, We had a king suite with a fireplace and it was very comfortable. We had traveled to Blowing Rock earlier in the day and decided to stay in Boone. Front desk staff was very helpful. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SarahSmiles6363
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you from the entire staff here at the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza Plus for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always happy to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay and it reinforces our efforts for make sure that they always feel welcome and comfortable. We look forward to your next stay with us so we can make sure you have another enjoyable stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We are a frequent visitor to Boone, NC. We have stayed at almost all the hotels in Boone. This one is okay, but you get more for your money right next door at Country Inn and Suites. Best Western offerns no daily newspaper, they do not readily replace plastic glasses, breakfast is always the same, and you get a new crumpled envelope with maid of the days name on it, asking for tips. One of the waffle irons was broken-therefore always a line. We stayed 4 nights. Next door they provide cookies in pm, variety in hot breakfast foods and USA Today for guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposited highway-otherwise, room is very noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foodieoma
Sonya N, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites University, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

I am very sorry that your stay here at the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza Plus did not meet your expectations. I apologize for all the staff because we do strive to make all of our guests happy and make each one want to come back to visit us. I appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey so that we can become aware of the issues that you encountered. We are working on correcting all of these issues and I hope you will give us another chance when you return to Boone.

Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza Plus