“Discovery Course” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rock Dimensions Climbing Guides

Rock Dimensions Climbing Guides
Ranked #5 of 15 Tours in Boone
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock Dimensions Climbing Guides has provided climbing instruction and outdoor experiences for people of all ages since 1998. Rock Climbing and rappelling trips in the North Carolina Mountains with experienced guides certified through the Professional Climbing Instructors Association (PCIA). Outdoor climbing tower, climbing camps, BSA Climbing Merit Badge, caving tours, challenge course & zipline adventures. Rock Dimensions is permitted for guiding in areas of the Blue Ridge Parkway, NPS and Pisgah National Forest.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Discovery Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We just did this ropes course in Blowing Rock that is run through Rock Dimensions. The experience was amazing. From the first phone call we could tell that this is a well run operation. Stephen and Paul guided us and were excellent. The initial introduction to teaching us safety during climbing, to advising us how to tackle a more challenging section, these guys were fantastic. We were a group of 6 people, 3 adults and 3 kids ages 7, 8, and 11 yrs. I'm not a very adventurous gal, and don't usually love heights, but I felt very comfortable the whole time. The zip line was a great rush, and everyone loved the big swing at the end. A definite must if you are looking for something fun and different to do.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Sheri L

DeLand, Florida
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Rock Climbing Fun!!! by RJ age 6”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I went rock climbing yesterday. It was Wednesday. It was on a rock, a real one!! It was a big, big, big rock. I loved it SO MUCH!! I did it so fast, fast, fast. I felt very safe because I was on a big, big, big long rope that was so fun! Mike was my guide. He helped me get tied in. He talked me through getting up to the top. He was kind and very, very patient. It was so fun that you should try it one day.
Reviewed by RJ, age 6

Review by RJ's Mom:
Short, easy 3 minute hike to the site which was totally doable for a 6 year old. Wear shoes that can get muddy and have good traction for the hike, they will provide climbing shoes and all other needed gear. Guide discussed all aspects of safety and what he was doing so it was understood. Felt like Mike was very knowledgable about climbing. He was great with my daughter and very good natured. The weather was abysmal (pouring down rain) but he kept going Until we were ready to quit.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank DailyMantra
Boone, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Adventure with Real Rock”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We used Rock Dimensions guide service for an exhilarating real rock trip. Ryan, our guide, was extremely helpful and funny. We climbed about 7 times each and repelled twice! We did not feel rushed. He made sure to push us hard enough so that we walked away from the experience with our heads up high. The perfect adrenaline rush!!!
-Kathleen Dipple

Visited June 2013
2 Thank dipplekm
Charlotte, NC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I had no idea that I could do this.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I am fit but on the full figure side. I really wanted to try and asked Paul if he thought I could do it and he emphatically said yes!!!! So I paid $15 for 3 climbs. Paul provided great instruction and then I took my first step...and the the next ... And so on until I reached the top. I felt so good about myself afterwards.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank yana2005
florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What an amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

We used rock dimensions to enjoy our first real rock climbing experience
Our party consisted of an adult, a college student and an 11 year old
They all had a blast and were given opportunities at every level

Johnthan our guide was perfect and allowed us to get the full challenge of the rock area
We never felt rushed
the spectators even had a blast

Bring lunch and old shoes for hike up the mountain

Visited August 2012