“God's Country”
other travelers have booked this property
NATURE'S MAGNIFICENCE IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
NATURE'S MAGNIFICENCE
IN YOUR OWN BACKYARD
PERCHED HIGH AND PRIVATE!
YET EASILY ACCESSIBLE
MOMENTS WITH DAD
NEW BLESSINGS
JOURNEY FOR A LIFETIME
IT'S ALL NEARBY ON OUR RIDGE
'WE'D LOVE TO WELCOME YOU'
Joanie & Gary
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

DonnaKJac...
North Port, Florida
“God's Country”
Reviewed January 22, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Absolutely gorgeous. I went with my family so there were 5 adults and 2 children. The views are spectacular. The Kilkelly's are wonderful people. The amenities were great. I can't say enough about how wonderful it is. We will be making this an annual adventure.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
TheOliveF...
Dallas, Texas
“There are no words!”
Reviewed December 6, 2010 for a stay in January 2010

My husband and I are graduates of Appalachian, and try to make it up to the mountains for a couple of days every year. (Unfortunately, we have relocated to Dallas, so it might be a while before we can return.) There are no words for the beauty of this house and surrounding grounds. The landscaping was amazing. My daughter and I had so much fun swinging on the rope swing, touring around the grounds and showing her why her daddy and I love the Blue Ridge Mountains so much. We would often look at each other and just say, "This is the most beautiful place we have ever been." The Kilkelly's went out of their way to make us feel at home. We visited over the 4th of July and when we arrived there was a basket full of goodies from food, to glow necklaces, to wine.

The only reason I gave the "Value" a 3 out of 5 is because we really needed the second bedroom, but the cost was too high. Luckily, there was a roll out bed for my 4-year old to sleep on in the room with us. I have posted the pictures from our vacation and had many people request the VOB number b/c they were so impressed. I recommend the house 100%, but do have to warn them, that if they go for something other than a couple's retreat, they may end up having to spend a little more than they would like for the extra bedroom.

The next time we are able, we will stay with the Kilkelly's again, and I really can not express the awesome views and the lovliness of the home itself.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Dec 5, 2010
Thank you so much for the review! Taking the time to do this is sincerely appreciated! We also appreciate the insight about the "value". We will be discussing your thoughts on this!

Thanks and hope you will get back to the mountains some day!

Warmly

Joanie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing