“Rude owners”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went in for my birthday and I ordered the veal saltimbocca which as an Italian Chef I was offended by the dish there was too much sauce and it was runny like water, the Veal was tough and inedible so I decided because my mothers Chicken Parm. Was raw in the middle the marinara was soupy so I decided to tell the server and about 2 mins later the " Chef" came to the able in a very loud and rude tone said " what's the problem" as I broke down every single reason why his dish was horrible he didn't offer to comp it or replace it he told me that I still had to pay for what I didn't eat and I would have to pay for something else if I wanted to eat so I went hungry and walked out my mother being the saint that she is payed the 100 bill for the SLOP I felt like I was being fed STAY AWAY FROM HERE

2  Thank Juan A
Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hello,

We have read your review multiple times. We are very concerned about this review. I have communicated with all managers and staff and not one person is familiar with this incident. We have absolutely no problem admitting our mistakes, but no one that works at Primo's knows anything about this.

First of all, our owners are both women. You refer to a man. We have had the restaurant for almost 2 years, so there is no way there was a male owner. We do have one male cook who could have cooked Veal Saltimbocca, but he has only cooked 2 in the last month and had no complaints, and they weren't served with Chicken Parmesan, either.

If this did indeed happen, you can email me directly at the email on our web site and I will address it with our staff, and compensate you with a free meal or your money back, even though we have no record of it. If it did not happen, or you have the wrong restaurant, or you are posting this to try to harm our restaurant in some way, please remove it. People read these reviews and take them to heart, and it isn't fair for us to be judged on something that didn't happen.

Beverly Ward
Owner

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Unfortunately I discovered Primo's only a few months before I had to move, so I was only able to go a few times. I absolutely loved the place though. I've always gotten fantastic service and everything (apps, main courses, and desserts) I've tried has been excellent. The prices are also really reasonable, especially considering the portion sizes are so large. They do have a bar with some tv's for those that are into that sort of thing, and a patio for eating outside when the weather is nice. The fact that they are located in the mall makes it really convenient and there is always plenty of parking. They even have live music on occasion, but not the super-loud annoying live music that plagues other places. One of my favorite restaurants in Boone for sure.

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for the great review! It means so much to us! We are so happy that you enjoy our restaurant, atmosphere, and food at Primo's! We do it all for the fans. And we strive to put out high-quality, homestyle food for a reasonable price, so we are really glad you feel that we do!

Sorry to hear you can't enjoy Primo's on a regular basis, but you have to come back and visit us! Hope to see you soon!

Beverly

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The sausage balls are a must. The food is fantastic and the prices are good. The lasagna and the Pasta Vodka are signature dishes.

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Hello!

Thanks for posting a review for our restaurant! We are so glad that you enjoy our food, including the sausage and cheese bites, penne vodka, and my mom's made from scratch lasagna! We put a lot of love and work into the food so it is very rewarding when it is enjoyed! Please come back, and tell your friends!

Thanks for being part of the Primo's family!

Beverly Ward, co-Owner

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We arrived late in the evening on a Saturday... And received excellent service even though they were clearly getting ready to close for the night. We ordered 3 large cheesesteak Strombolis (the kids thought they could each eat a large on their own vs. getting "small" sizes). They were delicious but two would have definitely been enough. It was ok because we enjoyed the leftovers. Very yummy...

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Hello Carlos B!

Thank you SO much for your kind words and review. We work very hard to create happy customers and make you feel at home in our restaurant, so I am very glad you had good food, good service, and enjoyed yourself. Sometimes it seems as though our many fans are quiet and our few critics are loud, so this is a very much appreciated review! Yes, our Bolis and Calzones are HUGE! We have them on special on Thursdays :) Thanks again so much and hope to see you back soon.

Beverly Ward
Owner

Reviewed February 28, 2013

First, my husband orders 10 wings with two sauces. The server comes back and says the chef doesn't want to do that unless you buy 20 wings. Ok...so he does that. Then when he gets them, the sauce is just drizzled on top, not tossed. The wings had pools of grease and were salty and gross. My husband, a chef, couldn't believe anyone would serve those to a customer. The lasagna I ordered was over-whelmingly salty and inedible. I hate sending food back, but I didn't have much choice in this case. The server was sweet and apologetic. Then all the sudden this lady was at our table." Gotta problem?!" We told her our problem, she argued, rolled her eyes and basically told us her food is great and we were the problem. She took off the wings but said she couldn't help me with the lasagna. ( that I sent back and didn't eat). Since that lady never introduced herself, I asked the hostess and she is the owner. The owner came back a couple more times to continue her one -sided screaming match, even pointing to other tables and causing huge scene. I refused to pay for what I didnt eat, but tried to pay for my drinks and appetizers. She said she didn't want my money. And continued her childish fit as she walked to the back. I can't fathom how an owner could be so incompetent at customer service. I felt awful for our poor server, she seemed humiliated. She just kept apologizing.

1  Thank BriannaPaige
Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

"Hello,

I am truly sorry for the way that I handled the situation with you and your meal at Primo's. If I had it to do again, I would have offered to cook you something else from our menu. I apologize if I came across as having poor customer service when I was defending our food.

I was upset because I felt that some of your complaints were coming out of nowhere. You complained about our wings, lasagna, and garlic knots. Each of these items are made with care every day. Our lasagna is made from scratch. Our garlic knots are made in house from fresh dough that we cut and tie every day, which you said were, "obviously frozen." And all of our wings have our homemade sauces on them. All three of these things are very popular and often receive rave reviews.

We do have a policy not to offer two different sauces on one order of wings. Our I am sorry if you felt the wings were greasy. The medium sauce you got is made with butter and that may have caused you to think they were greasy, but also, they are fried. I try very hard to accommodate most requests, and there are some circumstances in which I would have done two sauces. However, we aren't always able to make special efforts against our policy when we are busy, which we were very busy that day.

Regarding our lasagna, we usually sell about 60 servings per week, and I have never added salt. I cut each pan into 20 pieces and you were eating the 18th piece out of the pan, and we had no other complaints. A lady came in after you and had the very next piece out of the same pan, and said it was delicious. Regardless, you didn't like your dish, so you didn't have to pay for it. I should have given you the opportunity to order something else on us.

I should not have been as defensive as I was but I felt like you were outright insulting me and my food, which is my pride and passion. I have been in the hospitality business for 16 years and have always cared about my customer service. The best thing I know to do now is to say I handled the situation poorly, and give you my sincere apology for saying anything back in defense. However, I never said that you, the customers "were the problem," nor did I ever "scream" at you, or throw a "childish fit." Those comments are highly exaggerated, unfair, and untrue. And I do not think someone with "incompetent customer service" would have given you your meal for free.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you were offended by your experience at our restaurant. We are very dedicated to the happiness of our customers. We would be grateful to the chance to make it up to you in the future.

Myleia Slagle, Co-Owner, Executive Chef"
(posted by Beverly Ward, Co-Owner)