“Nice family establishment - excellent Stromboli and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs
Ranked #37 of 147 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice family establishment - excellent Stromboli and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We arrived late in the evening on a Saturday... And received excellent service even though they were clearly getting ready to close for the night. We ordered 3 large cheesesteak Strombolis (the kids thought they could each eat a large on their own vs. getting "small" sizes). They were delicious but two would have definitely been enough. It was ok because we enjoyed the leftovers. Very yummy...

Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Carlos B!

Thank you SO much for your kind words and review. We work very hard to create happy customers and make you feel at home in our restaurant, so I am very glad you had good food, good service, and enjoyed yourself. Sometimes it seems as though our many fans are quiet and our few critics are loud, so this is a very much appreciated review! Yes, our Bolis and Calzones are HUGE! We have them on special on Thursdays :) Thanks again so much and hope to see you back soon.

Beverly Ward
Owner

Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
“An unfortunate waste of space.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

First, my husband orders 10 wings with two sauces. The server comes back and says the chef doesn't want to do that unless you buy 20 wings. Ok...so he does that. Then when he gets them, the sauce is just drizzled on top, not tossed. The wings had pools of grease and were salty and gross. My husband, a chef, couldn't believe anyone would serve those to a customer. The lasagna I ordered was over-whelmingly salty and inedible. I hate sending food back, but I didn't have much choice in this case. The server was sweet and apologetic. Then all the sudden this lady was at our table." Gotta problem?!" We told her our problem, she argued, rolled her eyes and basically told us her food is great and we were the problem. She took off the wings but said she couldn't help me with the lasagna. ( that I sent back and didn't eat). Since that lady never introduced herself, I asked the hostess and she is the owner. The owner came back a couple more times to continue her one -sided screaming match, even pointing to other tables and causing huge scene. I refused to pay for what I didnt eat, but tried to pay for my drinks and appetizers. She said she didn't want my money. And continued her childish fit as she walked to the back. I can't fathom how an owner could be so incompetent at customer service. I felt awful for our poor server, she seemed humiliated. She just kept apologizing.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BriannaPaige
Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
"Hello,

I am truly sorry for the way that I handled the situation with you and your meal at Primo's. If I had it to do again, I would have offered to cook you something else from our menu. I apologize if I came across as having poor customer service when I was defending our food.

I was upset because I felt that some of your complaints were coming out of nowhere. You complained about our wings, lasagna, and garlic knots. Each of these items are made with care every day. Our lasagna is made from scratch. Our garlic knots are made in house from fresh dough that we cut and tie every day, which you said were, "obviously frozen." And all of our wings have our homemade sauces on them. All three of these things are very popular and often receive rave reviews.

We do have a policy not to offer two different sauces on one order of wings. Our I am sorry if you felt the wings were greasy. The medium sauce you got is made with butter and that may have caused you to think they were greasy, but also, they are fried. I try very hard to accommodate most requests, and there are some circumstances in which I would have done two sauces. However, we aren't always able to make special efforts against our policy when we are busy, which we were very busy that day.

Regarding our lasagna, we usually sell about 60 servings per week, and I have never added salt. I cut each pan into 20 pieces and you were eating the 18th piece out of the pan, and we had no other complaints. A lady came in after you and had the very next piece out of the same pan, and said it was delicious. Regardless, you didn't like your dish, so you didn't have to pay for it. I should have given you the opportunity to order something else on us.

I should not have been as defensive as I was but I felt like you were outright insulting me and my food, which is my pride and passion. I have been in the hospitality business for 16 years and have always cared about my customer service. The best thing I know to do now is to say I handled the situation poorly, and give you my sincere apology for saying anything back in defense. However, I never said that you, the customers "were the problem," nor did I ever "scream" at you, or throw a "childish fit." Those comments are highly exaggerated, unfair, and untrue. And I do not think someone with "incompetent customer service" would have given you your meal for free.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you were offended by your experience at our restaurant. We are very dedicated to the happiness of our customers. We would be grateful to the chance to make it up to you in the future.

Myleia Slagle, Co-Owner, Executive Chef"
(posted by Beverly Ward, Co-Owner)
Boone, North Carolina
“Best Italian food in the high country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Not your average mall restaurant. I've eaten here every few weeks for the last year and I've only had excellent experiences. The food is fresh, reasonably priced, and the service is friendly and attentive. I too will recommend the garlic hot knots. I usually get the meat lasagna, baked ziti, or a hot sub and they are all great. It's conveniently located in the Boone Mall next to TJ Maxx. They also have outdoor seating in the warmer months. Give it a try!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Beverly W, Owner at Primo's Pizza Pasta & Subs, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for your great review of our restaurant! We are so happy to hear that our customers truly enjoy our food. I'm glad that you commented on the freshness of our food. We are very proud of that fact. The majority of all of our food is made from scratch or homemade, and we get fresh produce in daily. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Also, we put all of our weekly specials and deals on Facebook and our website, boonepizzapasta.com - check it out!

Beverly, Myleia, & the Primo's Family
Tampa
“The real deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Carly was our great server and the food was wonderful. I had a "pizza sandwich". It wasn't really on the menu but it was made to my exact order. Good and saucy. Tea was great- in the South it needs to be. We also had aCalzone and stromboli. They are huge, and we had leftovers. This is our third time in three years and we'll be back!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hello BJ,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Primo's! We are very proud of our restaurant and so happy you enjoyed it and keep coming back! We love Carly, too - she is great! I will be sure to tell her that she did a great job. We will keep our Strombolis and Calzones big, and keep trying our best to give you delicious food!

Again, thank you very much.

Beverly, Myleia, & Primo's Family
Gastonia, North Carolina
“Great Stromboli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

One of the largest Strombolis I've ever had.

Most of the time, I eat everything on my plate, but tonight I had to take half my food home in a box because Primo's Strombolis are too large to eat. The garlic knots are great too. Way too much for one person to eat. Good enough to take home and heat up for a midnight snack or tomorrow's lunch.

Staff is very fiendly. Emma is a great waitress.

I'll be back again and highly recommend this place to anyone looking for good Italian food in Boone.

The only drawback is that they serve Pepsi products instead of Coke. I wish the served Coke. That would make Primo's PERFECT!!!

Thanks for a great meal, Emma.

Hello! Thanks for your wonderful review of our giant Stromboli! As you may have seen, we are becoming known for our "Godfather Calzone Challenge" as well, because it is also enormous. I am very proud that you enjoyed your food and thought it was a good value as well. I will be sure to let Emma know about your compliment. We will check into Coke products :)

Thanks again and come back and see us!

- Beverly and Myleia and Primo's Family