“Great place for lunch”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Boone, North Carolina
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Love the menu. No matter what your dietary choices, Hob Nob will feed you. Vegan, organic, gluten free, dairy free...they've got it. Great selection of NC beers.

Visited January 2013

“Best place to eat in Boone!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this restaurant! Every time I visit Boone this is the first place I go. The food is beyond excellent and the service is wonderful! You should go when you have plenty of time because if their kitchen is backed up it may take awhile, but the wait is well worth it! If the weather permits sit outside on the patio and enjoy the views of downtown Boone. They only take cash but they do have an ATM available if you don't have any on you. Their menu is diverse from Asian to Latin with almost everything in between. Everything is literally farm fresh! The get all of their produce from their own local farm and all the meats are local too! I've been more times than I can recall and have never had a bad experience, short of waiting a little longer for my food ( trust me, it is so worth the wait)! Go and try it for yourself, I promise you'll love it!

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great food, good location, friendly, slow”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

We went with our 2 boys, 7 and 9 and loved the food and the friendly service. Portions were very fresh, tasty and generous. We were very happy with the food and service.

Only downside was that it was very slow...2 hours from entry to exit was excessive for lunch...even with 25 minute wait (expected wait for prime time)

If u r not in a hurry, it's worth the trip...if you are, may want to find something else. We will likely return.

Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Healthy, fresh and diverse menu”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This local has never had anything less than excellent service and a great meal here! The kitchen takes care in preparing each dish properly, and the food is consistently good, and fresh. I'm a fan of the tempeh gouda tacos, and fresh home made hot sauces to compliment many of the dishes. The quinoa is always hot and fresh, the avacado's ripe, and the buscuits with rosemary mushroom gravy are a comfort food not to miss for breakfast! The owners have obviously created an extensive menu that is sure to please everyone regardless of their tastes from the savory to veggie it's all there. Did I mention the fresh carrot juice with ginger? There are always local and business owners frequenting this cool little spot, and the decor is interesting and creative - don't miss the new al fresco dining on their deck while you watch the goings on in the heart of Boone on King Street!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank PastaWench
Mooresville, NC
“Do yourself a favor and go anywhere else!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is overall bad.... bad business and real bad food!
To start, bring cash or a check. They will not take your credit or debit card.
Second, only come here when you have NOTHING to do afterwards so it doesn't matter if it takes 60 minutes for your food to come to your table.
My husband and I ordered the chips and queso. What was served seemed like a joke. Store-bought tortilla chips which I watched being poured onto our plate from the original bag. The "queso" was more like sour cream with a little salsa in it. My husband's tacos were completely void of any seasoning. My Caribbean jerk chicken tasted like a candle... yes a candle.
We didn't finish our food. Heck, I barely ate any of it. You have been warned.

• Visited October 2012