“Fun, Friendly, Heathly and Tasty”
Review of Wild Craft Eatery

Wild Craft Eatery
Ranked #23 of 153 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Our first dinner in Boone was here. Busy place with lots of college-style atmosphere. Outdoor dining a must if the weather allows. Waiter was very good and knew a lot about the menu and helped us make some great choices. Wife had spicy tempeh, I ate stir-fry vegetarian noodle bowl. Both very good. They are known for their slow-cooked pork and we did see several other diners making rave remarks about it. Next time we'll go for it.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

First off, they do not accept debit/credit cards in a college town. If you don't have cash they you will be the one to pick up the ATM tab. There was a family with a dog with them in the tiny waiting area and the owner was discussing the fur issues the dog had with those waiting. Several frazzled staff walked by without even looking twice at this mangy dog. When asked if it was a service dog by one in the waiting room, he replied no it was not but the restaurant welcomed dogs. Really...Really? It was dark inside and in the time we were waiting several tables in plain view had not gotten their food. So between the ATM service fee, dog, darkness, and slow service we left. We read further reviews on Tripadvisor and went to Come Back Shack and can't say enough how thankful we are we left this crazy place.

1  Thank faithwalknc
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We went to the Hob Nob for the first time since the name change. Here are the facts: Food was home made, (which I appreciate and will wait a reasonable amount of time for) they have a menu unlike most almost any other place in Boone, their prices are reasonable, the atmosphere is good (except for the noisy main street traffic.) My food was pretty good, although it was a "hot" dish that had a very cold salsa on top. I am really picky about my food being hot. It was not...even before the salsa. Our appetizer, mushroom brie nori rolls, was ok. My husband's food was prepared fine, looked nice, but he simply thought it was too sweet and didn't like a funky flavor in it, and the waiter accommodated him with no attitude and quickly brought him something else. My beer was not very cold. They do have a lot of things; I think I'd be wiling to give them another chance. I'd like to try some other dishes. It's not over the top, though.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

They have many interesting selections, many with an asian tang. They use mostly (maybe all) local foods. The taste is great and is not the usual run of the mill items. There is outside seating, but hte street traffic is noisy.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner last nite. We were a party of 6 and ended up having to wait about 1/2 hour. However, our patience was rewarded with wonderfully prepared and very tasty food. Among the dishes our party had were the crab cake panini (a daily special), the portobello mushroom/Brie roll, the quinoa, and the fish tacos. All were very flavorful and filling. We were too full for dessert!!! Our waiter was wonderful - wish I remembered his name. Just be advised that it's cash or check only.