“Awesome Time”

High Mountain Expeditions
Ranked #4 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Boone
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to High Mountain Expeditions. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, with two locations to serve you in Boone and Banner Elk, North Carolina. High Mountain Expeditions offers outdoor activities, such as whitewater rafting, caving, and hiking for every member of your group or family.The team at High Mountain Expeditions invites you to join us in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on one of our many outdoor adventures.
Rochester, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Awesome Time”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We went on an all day white water rafting trip with High Mountain Expeditions this week and it was awesome. We have been on other rafting trips in Colorado and Utah but this one was by far the best. Safety was the number one concern of our guides but having fun was second and they truly showed us a good time. Lunch was great. Everything was well coordinated from the time we started on the bus until we got off. Even when I called to make the reservation, they were very polite and accommodating. It truly was a wonderful day and my family and I did not want it to end. I would highly recommend this company for white water rafting.

Orlando, Florida
“OMG NOLICHUCKY RIVER ROCKS WITH ERIKA”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We started off our adventure by booking white water rafting on Sunday, that gave my wife enough time to totally get herself SCARED STIFF. We arrived at HME early, staff was already there with bus loaded, ready and enthusiastic. Wife still stiff. A little over a hour ride to "put in" the spot where the rafts are launched into the river, we stopped at Hardee's to break up the ride. Coffee in hand we proceed to "put in" excitement building. Yep she's still STIFF or maybe getting STIFFER haha. At the launch site Erika, our guide, had her safety brief with us. My daughters where all giggles, 13-10-9+1 extremely Stiff wife, by this time with a slight rumbling sound of distant rapids she is now TERRIFIED. Loaded up, shoved off, and away we went. Just a short float down river, sounds of fast running water filter there way through the beautiful landscape to our ears. I check my girls making sure they are set and ready for the WILD NOLICHUCKY "can't wait daddy" was there reply, smiles covering there young faces. Wife at this point won't even look at me, the sound getting louder & louder with every second. No Turning Back greeted us with fast water, spray in your face and Erika guiding us safely through. Now we are coming up to a class 5 everyone focused on what there supposed to do, Erika barking out commands we slide on past, safe and secure. My girls now are laughing there heads off with excitement & thrill, the wife smiles. Now I knew she in for the ride of her life. Erika's skill at handling fast water is not unlike a surgeons scapel. After being in such accomplished hands the rest of the day was GREAT. Wife now laughing like a school girl with the other school girls, says to me, WE HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN BEFOR WE LEAVE. needless to say we highly recommend High Mountain Expeditions and Erika.

US
“Last weekend before daughter went to college!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The guide, Kelby, was a super nice gentlemen. The adventure was great! It did rain on us but no thunder/lightning so we just sat in the chilly rain and floated on. Quick shower then the sun came out. My family and I had a blast! Good memories!! Great company to deal with!!

Summerfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“John's birthday trip with the girls”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I wanted to take my husband white water rafting with our 6 girls for his birthday and we chose High Mountain based on the professionalism and excitement that the booking agent provided over the phone. I found their website along with several others and they seemed so closely similar but after calling I had no hesitation to choose this company. Now having said that and I am back from this trip I can say we had the BEST time ever. We had to divide our family in two rafts due to the size of our group so we were able to share experiences with the BEST raft guides. I can not tell you enough how much fun they were. The guides truly all work together like family and their safety and profesiionalism shows throughout the entire trip. We went two years ago with another company on the Nolichuky and I can say this was far better and we can not wait to plan this same trip next year with High Mountain.
Thank you guys!!!!
John and Tina Luther

Visited August 2013
“Our family had a great time”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great time with Dallas. Little bit of a bus ride. Take money for the stops going and coming. Take a change of clothes before getting back on bus. Very enjoyable experience.