“GREAT TIME!!”

High Mountain Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Boone
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to High Mountain Expeditions. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, with two locations to serve you in Boone and Banner Elk, North Carolina. High Mountain Expeditions offers outdoor activities, such as whitewater rafting, caving, and hiking for every member of your group or family.The team at High Mountain Expeditions invites you to join us in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on one of our many outdoor adventures.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I took a group of people from the Beech Mtn. Club, Friday, June 14, 2013. I had never experienced Whitewater Rafting along with another member from the club so we rode together in the raft. I don't think either one of us expected to have the time of our lives that we did!! The guides were so much fun from the beginning. Making jokes and chatting the whole way to the river, explaining clearly all of the rules and safety measures, and overall making sure we had a good time rafting. I would recommend this company to be above and beyond and will be using their services in the future. Thanks so much HME!! Look forward to working with you again.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time, when we got there we were the only family going besides one other guy. We had great guides, epic trip down river and was able to play on river. This is our second time with HME. They have new equipment, very professional.
Would recommend using them to anyone. Thanks for an Fun Getaway!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We loved the energy & knowledge of our guide. She did the best she could to represent this company who didn't have any running water for their bathroom and a minimal lunch offering. They need to seriously look at the whole customer experience. I was pleased, however, when they offered rain jackets to us.

2  Thank tcline48
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is the second time we have rafted with HME - very professional with high regard for safety. The guides were knowledgeable and entertaining. We took the extreme tour down the Nolochucky in TN. The water was high so they did not allow single funyaking, which disappointed my 25 yr old, but we certainly respected their decision when they gave the details of the risks. the food was good. A very exhilarating time!

1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I went on the all day on the nolichucky today for our 5th anniversary. We had an awesome day. Mike, Alex and the entire staff was very knowledgeable of the river and everyones safety. As a firefighter and trained in swiftwater it jumped out to me that they were very knowledgeable of the river and knew how to create a fun and safe rafting trip. As for the comment on here about lunch, I came to raft not eat a gourmet meal but thought it was just fine. Also the few hundred yard walk through a very nice trail in the woods was great because it gave a chance to stretch your legs and take a quick break. If your to lazy for that short walk, I recommend just going to the local buffet and back home. Thanks guys for a great anniversary trip. We will certainly be back!!

1  Thank slooppointff