“Private trip, great play time”

High Mountain Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 25 Outdoor Activities in Boone
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to High Mountain Expeditions. We are located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, with two locations to serve you in Boone and Banner Elk, North Carolina. High Mountain Expeditions offers outdoor activities, such as whitewater rafting, caving, and hiking for every member of your group or family.The team at High Mountain Expeditions invites you to join us in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains on one of our many outdoor adventures.
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time, when we got there we were the only family going besides one other guy. We had great guides, epic trip down river and was able to play on river. This is our second time with HME. They have new equipment, very professional.
Would recommend using them to anyone. Thanks for an Fun Getaway!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We loved the energy & knowledge of our guide. She did the best she could to represent this company who didn't have any running water for their bathroom and a minimal lunch offering. They need to seriously look at the whole customer experience. I was pleased, however, when they offered rain jackets to us.

2  Thank tcline48
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is the second time we have rafted with HME - very professional with high regard for safety. The guides were knowledgeable and entertaining. We took the extreme tour down the Nolochucky in TN. The water was high so they did not allow single funyaking, which disappointed my 25 yr old, but we certainly respected their decision when they gave the details of the risks. the food was good. A very exhilarating time!

1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I went on the all day on the nolichucky today for our 5th anniversary. We had an awesome day. Mike, Alex and the entire staff was very knowledgeable of the river and everyones safety. As a firefighter and trained in swiftwater it jumped out to me that they were very knowledgeable of the river and knew how to create a fun and safe rafting trip. As for the comment on here about lunch, I came to raft not eat a gourmet meal but thought it was just fine. Also the few hundred yard walk through a very nice trail in the woods was great because it gave a chance to stretch your legs and take a quick break. If your to lazy for that short walk, I recommend just going to the local buffet and back home. Thanks guys for a great anniversary trip. We will certainly be back!!

1  Thank slooppointff
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you can get beyond the constant and sometimes inane chatter from the guides, you will have a great time. As an experienced white water rafter, I was somewhat challenged during the trip. This was an all day trip and was well worth the time it took to drive to the river (1hr). There was ample time to jump off the raft and float down the Nolichucky River.

It was a fun day. I recommend High Mountain Expeditions.