“nice outdoor patio”

Char
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Char -a Spacious, Unique Contemporary Bistro in Downtown Boone, serving Modern American Cuisine including Fried Calamari, Crab Bisque, Black & Bleu Salad, Turkey & Brie Sandwich, Fish & Chips, Burgers, Fish Tacos, Shrimp & Grits and Angus Steaks- char grilled to perfection. Covered Deck, 2 Stylish indoor dining areas and a Sleek Modern Bar featuring 5 flat-screen TVs. Nightly entertainment. GLUTEN-FREE & VEGETARIAN Friendly. Upscale Cuisine -Casual Prices. Margarita Mondays: $.35 Wings. $4 Margaritas.Mar'Tini Tuesdays: 1/2 priced selected Martinis & $6 Pizza & a Pint. Wine Down Wednesdays: 1/2 priced selected bottles of wines. Sunday Brunch includes Huevos Rancheros, Crabcake Benedict & more. Come join us at Char for....... Food • Drinks • Music • Art • Fun
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had a staff gathering there and it was great! The service was fast and they even gave us our own customized menu to help making choices faster and it was great!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I ate at Char over the weekend and we will definitely be back! We ate around 7:30 on a Saturday out on the patio. I think it would have been quieter inside the restaurant, but the outside was very nice. I ordered a mango margarita, which was very good but very expensive. The bruschetta we ordered as an appetizer is one of the best dishes I've ever eaten.

We both ordered side salads and the white balsamic vinaigrette had a wonderful flavor. I ordered the scallops, which were good but nothing amazing. My husband ordered the shrimp & grits and they were phenomenal... from the shrimp to the mushroom sauce, to the cheesy grits. Each of our entrees were $21 with an additional $4 for each salad. I hear that the lunch menu is a little more reasonably priced.

Overall, we loved Char!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I ate here last week. The service was good, french fries were too salty. Nice atmosphere. Would defniltely go back.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Had reservations several weeks in advance for New Years Eve with 8 of us in the group. There was a set menu and when we tried to order, we were told they were out of most of the menu options. The substitutions we were given were not satisfactory. After all of this, we did not even get a reduction in the price. We are local and love to eat locally, but have been hesitant to return since this experience.

2  Thank jars98
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We went for a casual weeknight dinner at Char. We have no complaints. Ate outside in the nice Boone weather. Husband had the lamb, which he enjoyed and he is VERY picky about every bite he takes! I had the tuna which was very good. We had the artichoke and other ingredient flatbread for our app and it was wonderful!