“Fantastic day at multiple streams”

Tolliver's Guide Service
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We take a unique approach to the guide service business by offering a high quality experience at a price point that is affordable, as compared to similarly experienced guide services within North Carolina and the surrounding areas. As a former park ranger, Jesse has fished all publicly accessible streams in the area over the course of 20 years. He also has several years of formal experience guiding wade trips for both the experienced and unexperienced client. We cater to a broader audience than many other guide services, we offer solo wade trips to group trips, including families, and we are even able to provide a safe and fun learning activity for children. Additionally, unlike other guide services, we have private access to one of the most prolific wild trout streams in Tennessee. We teach diverse techniques of fly fishing, including European style competitive nymphing. We will craft a guide trip to be specific to your level of experience and interests.
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Jesse was outstanding as a guide. I took my two sons and they each had a great time. Jesse was patient and was able to work with my 12 year old to catch three 10-12 trout.

Date of experience: July 2018
Jesse T, Owner at Tolliver's Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Scott, thanks for your wonderful review. Glad I could find a solution to make all of you happy. It was fun getting all three of you lined up with trout for a picture.

All reviews
"equipment"
"stream"
"blast"

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

Jesse is an attentive, patient, knowledgeable guide. We thoroughly enjoyed fishing with him. My BF fished and I took loads of photos and videos. We caught wild rainbow and mountain brook trout. Jesse has an eagle eye and a strong understanding of the fish. You will catch fish!

Date of experience: July 2018
Jesse T, Owner at Tolliver's Guide Service, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Hi Liz, I had fun putting your boyfriend Manny on his first wild trout. Glad you guys had a good trip.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

After living in Tennessee for Naylor 10 years my son and I finally made our first trip trout fishing. Needless to say it was a great day!
Jesse was an excellent instructor and spent plenty of one-on-one time with my son. It was clear that he was very knowledgeable about the area and put us on the fish first thing in the morning.
It was a day to remember.
Thanks again to Jesse for a great day.

Date of experience: May 2018

Hi Cecil, thanks for the feedback. Glad you guys had a good time fishing with me.

Reviewed May 10, 2018

Tolliver's Guide Service unlocked the secrets of Johnson County, TN's wild fisheries for me this week. Jessie's knowledge, patience and ability to teach the techniques of trout fishing were spot on. I easily caught my daily limit and then went on to learn a treasure trove of information regarding equipment, feeding habits and much, much more! Thanks Jessie for a super fun morning!

Date of experience: May 2018

Hi David, glad I could show you the ropes on how to catch our local trout.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 25, 2018

I grew up bait fishing in Pennsylvania as a kid. After moving to North Carolina, I got interested in fly fishing but didn’t know where to start. Fishing with Tolliver’s Guide Service was more than I expected. Not only did we have a blast and pull in nearly a hundred trout each all while hiking up some beautiful and remote streams in Tennessee, I also got an education on trout life cycle, feeding and habitat. I could not help but learn a book full of trout fishing secrets from the master angler. Two highlights of the day: First was when Jesse got me into an area just crammed full of trout. He tutored me on getting the perfect drift on the fly. I hooked one after another as soon as the fly touched the water. Definitely the first time fishing where I was spending the majority of my time just taking trout off the hook. Later I hooked into a monster rainbow and Jesse talked me through landing it without breaking the line or allowing slack to develop so fish shake the hook free. We caught and released a ridiculous number of beauties. I picked up skills on “reading the water”, tying flies, and different fly fishing techniques depending on water depth. The bedrock of skills and knowledge would have taken me years to discover on my own. Awesome day fishing! Jesse thinks like a trout, almost spooky.

Date of experience: August 2017

Hey Jeremy, that sure was a good day. It really is insane how good the fishing is in east tennessee.