“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Coyote Kitchen

Coyote Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 152 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We were told the wait would be about 20 minutes and to wait in our car. The hostess took my number and said she would call when our table was ready. My husband and I thought this was odd, but since it was a very cold evening and there wasn't anywhere to wait in the restaurant, we went back to our car. The hostess called 5 minutes later to tell us our table was ready. The restaurant is small but has a nice atmosphere with many interesting pictures on the walls. Our hostess and our waiter were friendly and helpful. The food was outstanding. We did not order the tofu or the tempeh (whatever that is), but the hamburgers, fries, and spicy dipping sauce my husband and children ordered were some of the best I ever tasted. I tried the Louisiana boat and found it to be very tasty. The strawberry cake was out of this world delicious. This was our first time to Boone, but we will be back and when we do we will come back to Coyote Kitchen.

There are newer reviews for Coyote Kitchen

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Coyote is hands down one of our favorite restaurants in Boone. The food and the service have never been anything short of great every time we have been there. Many choices for vegetarians, as well as gluten free options. They also have a decent beer menu.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Very good and fresh food. I had a bad experiience with a waitstaff there.She was very rude so we did not tip her. She then came back to the table and requested a tip from the rest of the people that were setting with us...

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I went there with a party of 11 and had a very pleasant experience. We did have a couple kids send back their jerk chicken, mainly because they did not know what they were ordering. So if you have picky eaters, this may not be the place to go. They do offer burgers, which I am sure they will cook to your liking. Otherwise our crew loved the food. The boats are definitely unique and are a must try. All of the adults loved their food. I would definitely give it a try if in Boone! Service was also very good. It is definitely run by some young hippies, but that is fine (coming from an old hippie!) as it gives the place a cool vibe.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I greatly enjoyed the food offered at the Coyote Kitchen. Coyote Kitchen offers delicious homemade salsas, huge "boats" that tantalize the taste buds, and awesome tacos and even burgers! Only down side is that the restaurant is rather small so get there early or make reservations because this place can get packed.