“Wish we had Coyote Kitchen at home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coyote Kitchen
Ranked #4 of 148 Restaurants in Boone
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Wish we had Coyote Kitchen at home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Great find! Delicious and different and full of flavor. And not overly noisy compared to so many restaurants these days. Very helpful waitress with excellent suggestions for newbies. Was obviously a place where locals eat. A simple place with emphasis on excellent food for the price. Will return next time we're nearby.

Visited November 2013

“The check was a shock”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Sunday evening with our 2 year old. It was pretty busy. They are kid friendly and promptly provided some coloring to keep our little one happy. It felt very cold in there (a chilly October evening). I did not take my jacket off the entire time we were there. It is a small restaurant and with the door opening and closing it just didn't seem to retain any heat--if they had any heat running which I'm not sure they did. I ordered the Isabella Burrito and my husband ordered the Taos Boat. We also got the chips and salsa appetizer as our entrees didn't come with chips. The chips were disappointing. They were cold and I had to salt them heavily to get any flavor. The pico de gallo was like out of a jar. Not the fresh kind we are used to getting at the local mexican restaurant. Unfortunately we chose the same salsa to come with our entrees. Our entrees were pretty tasty and it was a good amount of food. Our son's cheese queasadilla was the thinnest, limpest, quesadilla I've ever seen. There was hardly any cheese in it and it was just like eating a plain, bland tortilla. Not crispy at all. We were using a dining pass for buy one get one free and our check came to $27! I think that included tip. We were shocked. Considering one of our entrees was free this seemed like a lot to pay for some disappointing food. We won't be going back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Always excellent for eclectic tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Every visit to Boone involves trips to coyote kitchen. I am a genuine burger snob. Their burgers are one of the few that I will crave. The burgers are unique flavors too. After trying the burgers, I found the boat to be tasty too. The service is fast and competent.

North Carolina
“I love this little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Tucked away in a strip shopping area near the Boone Mall, this funky little place is just really different, it's small, quirky and unique. Their "Boats" are really special, I had the Texicali Boat with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in, the Kobe Beef in the dish was melt in your mouth, My wife had the Chicken Tacos, you got to look at their Menu online, kinda like a Middle Eastern, Southwestern mix.

Panama City, Florida
“Have had better Caribbean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

atmosphere was good staff was good too just for Caribbean food was not I had the Taos Boat and my son had the BARBADOS Mine was ok where his was just not good flavor mix But I say this all keeping in mind Im from Florida so I have had really good Caribbean food