“Great place for an event or just a nice dinner”
Review of Papa Joe's

Papa Joe's
Ranked #36 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We decided to have our wedding rehearsal dinner at Joe's for about 30 people. They made the evening so wonderful and stress-free! Everything was set up when we arrived, the waitstaff was very helpful and friendly, and the food plentiful and delicious (we had pizza, salad, and lasagna). I have eaten dinner several times at this restaurant and enjoyed it each time I visited!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Being Italian I am generally very picky when it comes to where I choose to eat my Italian food. However, Papa Joe's offers a wide variety of excellent dishes for very reasonable prices. Not in the mood for something Italian? That's ok too because Joe has daily specials on top of his plethora of sandwiches and other classic dishes. Papa Joe's also offers a kid's menu. Service is excellent and the wait staff is more than happy to accommodate you in any way they can. I'm a picky eater and the staff/kitchen has always fulfilled my requests. The atmosphere is also great; it's the kind of place where you walk in and just know it's an Italian restaurant. Joe frequently walks around the restaurant to ensure that customers are finding everything to their liking. There is a sizable bar up front as well as recently refinished pool tables in the back. This is a great place to eat for locals and visitors to the town alike!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have eaten at Joe's for more than twenty years. I have never left hungry and on the rare occasion that the food wasn't to my liking ( I can only think of two or three times.) Joe made good on it. The staff is friendly and attentive. He has the best pizza anywhere. His steaks are great grilled to perfection. All his pasta dishes are very good as well. During the week he has a lunch special which is good and valued priced. If you have a bad experience a Papa Joe's , Joe wants to know about it so he can make improve your dining experience.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My daughter wanted pizza so we decided to go here. Was very disappointed all around. The food was blaa and bland the prices way to expencive. A total let down. Gordan Ramsy if you want a restaurant to kitchen nightmares this is one for you.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Being a FBI (Full Blooded Italian), I do not usually go to Italian restaurants for obvious reasons. However, my wife and I wanted some Italian food on our trip. I had mussels over linguini (red), and my wife had manicotti for an entree. I saw goat cheese over marinara as an appetizer, of which I had never seen or even thought, so we ordered it. It was great with a unique flavor and plenty of tostinos. The mussels were delicious, tender and tasted fresh (not sure if fresh or canned, but they were good). The manicotti was delicious. The servings were large, the price is reasonable, and the food was delicious.
We went on a Tues, so it was quiet and relaxing. The service was excellent, with a special hat tip to Cindy, our waitress who was knowledgeable about the food and attentive. The owner came to our table and asked about the food. I have nothing negative to say, or to criticize.