“Worst mellow experience ever”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Mellow Mushroom is THE destination for Blowing Rock's best pizza, hoagies, salads and more! We also boast the High Country's largest selection of quality craft and microbrews. We offer pet-friendly outside dining, and a family friendly kids menu. Keep on Shroomin!
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm usually not one to complain, but wow. Just ate at the blowing rock mellow and had the worst marinated tempeh sandwich of my life. I've had this sandwich plenty of times from other mellows and it's usually delicious- packed with flavor. This sandwich was painfully bland. The mushrooms were only half cooked, still white on the insides. You could actually snap them. The tempeh tasted raw an not at all marinated, hardly any feta, and barely warm. As someone who used to work at this location, I know exactly how it's supposed to be made, and this was nothing close. I hope they are more on top of it next time.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I am an Appalachian State Alumni and my wife and I visit the Boone/Blowing Rock are regularly. It is a short trip and a wonderful place to visit. We have a couple of spots we eat at regularly and Mellow Mushroom is one of them. Our most recent visit, Blowing Rock was insane, Holiday Parade, people cutting Christmas trees, etc. So we decided to get a pizza to go from the Mushroom. They were so busy it took an hour and a half for a to go order. No biggie, they were busy, but when we arrived to get the pizza they had lost our order. However, my hat is off to the Manager, Drew! He not only got our pizza ready in quickly, he offered a beverage and the pizza was on the house. I was amazed there are still some people in the service industry that get it. Way to go Drew, you will go far! Thanks for your help!

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were in the mood to eat in but we didn't want he usual pizza delivery so Robert walked in the rain to the Mellow Mushroom, which we don't have at home. Robert was really wet when he got there to pick up our order. The servers tried to get him towels and help him dry off. While he was waiting the bartender educated him on the local brews. They were exceeding nice and thoughtful.

The pizza itself was awesome. The crust was very tasty. I like just mushrooms and cheese on my pizza. The cheese was real and delicious. The mushrooms looked and tasted as if they had been sautéed first, which is just how I like them. We have leftovers and I can't wait for lunch to eat them!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was highly recommended by a friend; however, we found it to be a typical pizza place. Pizza had the thinnest crust I've ever seen (which I do like), but the ingredients were sparse. Some people ordered hoagie sandwiches which were ok. The prices were ok for a tourist place. There was a full bar. Service was good. It is moving to another location soon, just up the street.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Enjoyed this place! Food was great, service was great and the atmosphere was cool! Great pizza if that's what your looking. It was packed when we went so be prepared to wait but definitely worth it!