“Not bad”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We came here on a snowy night because it was the only place that was open. The drinks were reasonably priced but that don't know how to make a White Russian to save their skins! We got some bar food and the cheesy fries were very good and the wings were just the way we like them. Service was average, waiter seemed a bit standoffish at first, maybe because we weren't locals. I would go again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

On the main drag in downtown Blowing Rock. Great selection of British Isle pub fair - bangers and mash, shepherds pie, beef Guiness, fish & chips. Solid selection of beer favorites from both microbreweries and international bottlers. Feels like a local tavern with hardwood trim and pressed metal ceilings. Outdoor patio dining is available for warmer days. Excellent stop for warming up after a day on one of the local slopes. We started with a heaping helping of a southern favorite - fried pickles. Hot, fresh and served with ranch. The fish and chips was hot, crispy and served with malt vinegar upon request. The BBQ chicken salad was a large portion, healthy option to some of the standard pub menu offerings. Service was friendly, timely and customer focused. Great for dinner, lunch or just a beer with friends.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My wife and I visit Blowing Rock every few years and this is a cool "British Pub". I had a local place here in the Roanoke area that was fun to go to (Sargent Peppers) and this place is very similar. A nice variety of beverages to choose from. An excellent atmosphere. It was a great place to watch the March Madness basketball games.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

when I came in on a saturday Night and greeted with enthusiasm and cheer as soon as I walked in the door. I was then greeted with a bright and smiling face from behind the bar , warm and inviting. The manager on duty I believe Mair was her name, was amazing. She stoped by and checked on me and answered all my question about the area. She was bright, cheerful and added so much to my experience! She definitely seemed to love her job! The bar tender was attentive and knowledgable ! I will be back any time I am in town !

Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We enjoy this place whenever we are in town. Great drink selection and good appetizers! Great environment for hanging out with friends.