“A favorite when we are in town!”

Six Pence Pub Blowing Rock
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We enjoy this place whenever we are in town. Great drink selection and good appetizers! Great environment for hanging out with friends.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I were visiting Boone with our son this past weekend for his music audition at Appalachian State University and while he stayed in Boone, we made our way to Blowing Rock and stayed there. We heard some really good things about Six Pence Pub and decided that we would stop in there for a couple drinks. Since it was about 3:00 in the afternoon, there weren't a lot of people in the restauant and there wasn't anyone at the bar but us. Our bartender, who was some guy with a pony tail, basically ignored us the entire time. Mind you, he was not busy....we were the only ones at the bar. He did manage to get us one drink but we sat there with empty glasses for quite a while and finally asked for the tab and went the the Town Tavern and had a much better experience. My suggestion.....get a new bartender......one that is friendly and wants to make some money!!!

Ron A, Owner at Six Pence Pub Blowing Rock, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear alicat23,

I was incredibly disappointed to hear of your treatment while visiting us last week, and very sorry for your experience. We strive to provide our guests with the best of customer service; we failed you and several other guests miserably.

The bartender in question is no longer employed by us as of the evening of your visit. With this, we hope you will give us an opportunity to show you our true level of appreciation of your business.

Once again, my sincere apologies for an unpleasant afternoon.

Ron A.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The Six Pence gets closest to the British original by being mediocre. If you have ever been to a British pub - in Britain - you likely remember very average food and great beer. The Pence delivers very average food. There is some British pub fare like fish and chips and bangers and mash. Average at best. They have a long list of sandwiches and a bunch of fried stuff on the appetizer list. Everything we had, even the fried macaroni, just average. So, you'd think the Pence on track to be a great British pub. They even put malt vinegar on the table! BUT -- Where's the beer? Sure, they have some local brews. But, the most British it gets is Bod$ington's. So close to being great by being average and they missed… God save the Queen.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

English pub with ample choices of beers. Tourist area, and they act like it. Service is average at best and the setting should be improved. Nice try at a pub, but they just quite didn't make it

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My husband and I came here with our young daughters and felt comfortable that we wouldn't ruin anyone's romantic meal with our tribe. We were seated right away. The vibe was welcoming and all the staff was very accommodating. The bar was well stocked, but I was surprised there was not a specialty drink menu. The food was okay. I ordered the guinness beef and my husband ordered the bangers and mash. It was satisfying, but nothing out of the ordinary, nor did it strike me as very fresh. The service did start to slow down very noticeably as the restaurant became busier, but we noticed the manager on the floor actively helping servers and moving food. The team here works really nicely together. It was a good dinner experience for an easy family meal, but I just wished there had been a few fresh specials on the menu for a more exciting food experience.

1  Thank mrslsb