“Guiness beef!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Six Pence Pub

Six Pence Pub
Ranked #5 of 48 Restaurants in Blowing Rock
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, FL
“Guiness beef!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in on a whim. Food was great, we had the Stuffed Banger app. I had the Guiness Beef which was awesome and my wife had a really nice burger with some amazing fries. They had a nice selection of English and Irish beers and some local brews. I got a local brew the server described as an IPA... it was a Porter. Good, just not what I w

• Visited June 2013

Stanley, North Carolina
“Very good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a neat little pub with a nice atmosphere and great food. My husband and I shared the turkey club and couldn't believe how big it was when it came out. No way anyone could eat it by them selves. Very good.

Visited June 2013
Schwarzwald
“Great authentic food and lovely service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

The food is wonderful, the staff easy going, no stress with a complicated menu. The waiters are very friendly. For an uncomplicated night out this the place.

Visited July 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“I was in the mood for a burger...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

So we went to this pub. I got a sweet tea and the pub burger and my husband got the Ruben and cup of potato bacon cheddar soup. My burger totally hit the spot and the coleslaw was pretty good too. My husband said he is "over" the ruben and needs to stop getting them (not their fault) and wished he just got 2 bowls of soup which he absolutely loved! My first and second cups of sweet tea were good, then the last refill came, it tasted like chlorine, I don't know if they had used filtered water before and that was tap water but that was NOT good, my husband said he could tasted it too. The service was fine, our server didn't seem overly friendly or happy but he got the job done no complaints about that.

• Visited June 2013
Stanley, NC
“Great Little Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

The beer selection is very good with a nice variety of imports and craft beer on draft. They also have a nice bottle selection. The food is classic pub fare like pot roast and shepherds pie. The fish and chips is delicious so are the pub chips with bacon and cheese. Service is always excellent and the atmosphere is cozy and authentic.

Visited June 2013